cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT fails with error: Error occurred while retrieving information from database. java.sql.SQLException: A syntax error has occurred.

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Customer has a system with 500 to 1000 phones spread over 4 locations.  In attempting to do mass updates using BAT, we are having problems selecting all phones to update. 

We find that if we select all phones, and advance to the page where we should be able to set the options we want to update, we don't get that page, we get a page that says:  Error occurred while retrieving information from database. java.sql.SQLException: A syntax error has occurred.

If we add further filters, we can sometimes make it work, but we have to make multiple passes, and then when it shows the page where the list of devices is displayed, all the images down the left side of the page (showing the phone types) doesn't retreive the image, and instead returns a red X with a long url naming what the image was supposed to be. 

I've seen this on multiple systems lately, but hadn't opened a case on it yet.  Anyone else seen this?

Cliff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have seen this, check out this bug

CSCub67519            Bug Details

CUCM 8.6.2.22900-9 BULK update of Phones triggers java exception error.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCub85460

Chris

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have seen this, check out this bug

CSCub67519            Bug Details

CUCM 8.6.2.22900-9 BULK update of Phones triggers java exception error.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCub85460

Chris

That's it!  5 points for you!

Thank you for nice rating.

Chris

The bug has been removed, any idea why?

By the way, I am having this issue of CUCM 8.6.

Has any one found a solution yet?

I opened a TAC case and the solution is as ingenious as it seems stupid.

You just have to insert a blank filter by clicking on the + sign and then on the second line input your query.

P.S- I checked, The bug ID has well been removed.

Hi

This is correct.

Cheers !!!

Hi Fernando.

Please rate useful posts.

BR

Thank you Sadaseeven, adding the blank filter fixed me up too.