Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUCM 9 license downgrade to 8

andersson1970
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have procurred CUCM 9 and its user connect license.

However we wish to install older CUCM version 8.6. Is there a way to downgrade / migrate license of CUCM 9 to 8.6 version?

Regards,

Andy

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You could try contacting licensing@cisco.com, but I think your only option will be to RMA the licenses and procure desired version.
On a side note what is your reasoning with going with version 8.6?

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Pls open a case with Cisco licensing @licensing@cisco.com,they will take approval from the Cisco Product Manager, who  can still approved to downgrade the license as long as your server is still running on version 9.

and provide them  PAK and the License Request from ELM so that they we can issue downgraded license the license for you.

Pls rate the feedback!!

Hello Andersson,

Could you please give us your feedback on what did you do to install 8.x licenses as you bought 9.x ones ?

We have the same issue here. Our customer is running CUCM 8.x and he is not willing to upgrade to the last version. He just ordered addon licenses, however the addon licenses were ordered as 10.x

And an upgrade is not feasible since older licenses are not under coverage (at least in the moment I'm talking now).

Thank you in advance for your input.

Try contacting Cisco Global Licensing Team at licensing@cisco.com and check if they can help you with providing the replacement license.

Do not forget to mention your Sales Order (SO) Number and PAK in the email to them along with your other necessary entitlement details.

Regards

Deepak

As stated in my original response to the poster this needs to be addressed with licensing@cisco.com . I have done it few times when customer decided to install newer version from what was delivered.  With that being said version 8 is EOS, so not sure if licensing team can still issue licenses for it.