cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator 8.6 and Windows 11

Lester Wilson
Level 1
Level 1

I know it's waaaaaay end of life, but we still use several hundred instances of Cisco IP Communicator 8.6 in our Windows 10 environment.  

Windows 11 is starting to make its way across our environment and we're thinking this may be the end of the line for CIPC for us.  We do have Jabber available to us.  

But has anyone had any success getting CIPC 8.6 to work in a Windows 11 environment.  So far with one user I can't get past the Audio Tuning Wizard.  Before I make heroic attempts to get it working - am I at a dead end with CIPC in Windows 11, and need to migrate users to Jabber 14?  

Thanks! 

4 Replies 4

You must move to jabber .. even if it works,  with windows updates you will always have issues..

Response Signature

If you haven't already set these, set the shortcut to Run As Administrator, and also set the shortcut to run in compatibility mode. If that doesn't work, it seems CIPC may finally be doomed. (I WISH Cisco would re-issue this. Jabber is Jabber but it is not a "Phone" like CIPC is.)

Maren

Daniel Bosch
Level 1
Level 1

I've heard that the Jabber client may have EOL announcement at some point too.  If you have the licensing and platform to support it, you should strongly consider migrating to WebEx App instead.  CUCM configuration is the same as Jabber (CSF device.)

https://community.cisco.com/t5/jabber/cisco-jabber-end-of-support/m-p/4572677

Wonxie
Level 1
Level 1

I am runnign 8.6.6.0 on windows 11 with cucm 8.6 .

I remmber having stuck at this audio tuning wizard . try connecting headphones and set it as default audio device for mic and speaker.

also try setting your laptop builtine speaker and mic as default . it will work. 

as pointed out by maren mahoney you  give compatibilty option a try. and for audio tuniing run as admin.