cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VG350 144 FxS / 2T1 PRI's

mzajeski
Level 1
Level 1

I read that the VG310 can support up to 1 T1/E1.  Will the VG350 configured as MGCP support dual voice PRI's?  Any special ordering considerations when doing so (DSP's)?

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The datasheets and hardware installation guides for VG350 suggest that it does not support any ISDN connectivity, however there have been some bugs raised to correct the info as it does support. As per one of the FAQ docs :

Q. Do the Enhanced High-Speed WAN Interface Card (EHWIC) slots of VG350 support any modules?

A. Yes, the EHWIC slots of VG350 support VIC2-2FXO, VIC2-4FXO, VIC3-2FXS, VIC3-2FXS-E/DID and VIC3-4FXS/DID analog voice cards for additional capacity.. VG350 EHWIC slots also support VWIC3 T1/E1 cards for clock synchronization.

Q. Can I plug in T1/E1 voice/WAN interface cards (VWICs) in the EHWIC slots of VG350?

A. Yes, VWIC3 cards are supported with VG350. The T1/E1 VWIC3 cards are supported to source in/out clocking for/from VG350 to help enable end-to-end clock synchronization. Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) voice termination on VWIC3 T1/E1 cards is not supported on VG350. The EHWIC slots do support Foreign Exchange Subscriber (FXS) and Foreign Exchange Office (FXO) Virtual Interface Cards (VICs) for additional capacity.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

***UPDATE***

1. Do the Enhanced High-Speed WAN Interface Card (EHWIC) slots of the VG300 Series support any modules?

Yes, the EHWIC slots support the VIC2-2FXO, VIC2-4FXO, VIC3-2FXS, VIC3-2FXS-E/DID, and VIC3-4FXS/DID analog voice cards for additional capacity. The EHWIC slots also support VWIC3 T1/E1 cards for digital voice services.

2. Can I plug T1/E1 voice/WAN interface cards (VWICs) into the EHWIC slots of the VG300 Series?

Yes, VWIC3 cards are supported. The T1/E1 VWIC3 cards are supported to source in/out clocking for/from the VG300 Series to help enable end-to-end clock synchronization. Public-switched telephone network (PSTN) voice termination on VWIC3 T1/E1 cards is also supported on the VG310 and VG320 from Cisco IOS Software Release 15.4(3) and on the VG350 from Cisco IOS Software Release 15.5(1)T. The EHWIC slots also support Foreign Exchange Subscriber (FXS) and Foreign Exchange Office (FXO) voice interface cards (VICs) for additional capacity.

Thanks,

Vaijanath S.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

mangesh084
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Expert,

I have some Queries related to VG 350 and E1/T1 card.

I have 1MFT E1/T1 card on VG 350 and also have one CUCM.

Will E1/T1 card work if I add VG350 in CUCM using SCCP Protocol?

Thank you 

Mangesh Karne,

Hi Mangesh,

You must use either MGCP or H323 or SIP Protocol to Iconfigure T1/E1 ports on VG350. SCCP is not supported protocol for T1/E1 configuration. On VG350, SCCP protocol is used only for FXS (station ports).

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi Vaijanath

Thanks for your response.

Can I use both at the same time on Same VG350. like MGCP for E1/T1 and SCCP for FXS or Analog phones?

Thank you 

Mangesh Karne

Hi Mangesh,

Yes, you can use MGCP for PRI and SCCP for FXS. I faced some issues configuring MGCP and SCCP on same VG350. I used H323 for PRI and SCCP for FXS on same VG350 and it is working fine.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.