cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clearing caller ID history

NewRobert
Level 1
Level 1

This seems like a silly problem to have. Whenever a new employee is onboarded if they are taking over a former employees extension then everyone the former employee has ever called retains that employees name as the caller ID and does not get the name of the new user.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Got it now, thought you were hoping call history would update.  But if your config for Caller ID on the line of the device and for every appearance of that line on all devices is correct it sounds like a database issue to me. 

I would open a TAC case, if you can replicate the issue they should be able to correct it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

b.winter
VIP
VIP

HI,

you can clear the call history of the phone via the settings or via a factory reset of the phone.

When changing the user behind an extension, have you also changed the name settings in the extension (Alerting Name, Display Name, Line Text label)?

--- Please rate this post as "Helpful" or accept as a solution, if your question has been answered ---

So every time we hire a new employee we have to factory reset or manually clear the call history of our 200+ phones? This can't possibly be the case.

This also applies to Jabber and using the Reset Jabber option does not clear the caller ID history.

Can we just turn off Caller ID history then?

Yes, I change all the caller ID settings on the lines and if the new employee calls an extension that the former employee never called, it displays correctly as the new user.

You would just clear the call history for that particular phone, not for all the phones in your environment.

There are many remote control tools that would allow you to do this.

Or keep track of the MAC, delete the device and rebuild it, the call history will be removed.

Regarding Jabber I assume you're not re-using Jabber devices so the new CSF for the new user would not have call history.

The call history on the new device isn't the issue.

You're not going to be able to retroactively change/update the name associated with a number in call history.  At the time those calls were made that was the assigned name.  Once you change the name, any new calls and call history will be updated.  But there is no mechanism to "update" call history based on the reassignment of a number.

The problem is that new calls, by a new user, with new caller IDs enter in all the fields, are not updating the call history. Brenda originally had ext 111 and now Bailey has had it for 3 months, it still says Brenda whenever she calls anyone that Brenda ever called.

I know the caller ID is correct because if Bailey calls a new phone extension, or an extension that Brenda never called, the ID shows correctly as Bailey.

Multiply that by a dozen people and you see why it's become problematic.

Got it now, thought you were hoping call history would update.  But if your config for Caller ID on the line of the device and for every appearance of that line on all devices is correct it sounds like a database issue to me. 

I would open a TAC case, if you can replicate the issue they should be able to correct it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: