cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME to CUCM

livi9003
Level 1
Level 1

have a 4331 router with CME 12.0 at a remote site, and a CUCM Ver 10.6 at the HQ. the 2 sites are connected vi a WAN. I would like SCCP phones on the CME to be able to send and receive calls to SCCP phone on the CUCM.  There is no PSTN, just IP.

(1)What is the best way to do this?

I have tried creating a SIP trunk on the CUCM pointing to the CME, with the route pattern pointing to the DNS on the CME. There are no Partitions or CCS on the CUCM. I create dial-peers on the CME pointing to the DNs on the CUCM. I can call from the phones on the CUCM to the phones on the CME, but not CME to CUCM, I get a fast-busy when I dial.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What is the number "2541005"? Is that an operator or auto-attendant on CUCM/CUC? If you want users on CME to be able to dial direct to users on CUCM, you can use a pattern in your dial-peer like 254.... instead of a single number. Does that help address your problem? What other numbers are you dialing?

Since this is a SIP trunk, can you provide the output of 'debug ccsip messages' from the CME router while a call is placed? That will give us an idea of how to start investigating the problem.

Maren

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would use a SIP trunk to do this. which means on the CME end setting up a dial peer using SIP  to your CUCM. Maybe post your config if you are stuck

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks for the quick reply

It is a super simple lab config

telephony-service
max-ephones 25
max-dn 50
ip source-address x.x.75.254 port 2000
auto assign 1 to 20
system message 120th
time-zone 2
time-format 24
date-format yy-mm-dd
max-conferences 12 gain -6
web admin system name ladmin password ladmin
dn-webedit
transfer-system full-consult
!
dial-peer voice 1 voip
description OUTbound to CUCM
destination-pattern 2541005
session target ipv4:y.y.44.200
voice-class sip bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0.59
voice-class sip bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0.59
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw
no vad
dial-peer voice 2 voip
description INbound from CUCM
destination-pattern .
session protocol sipv2

What is the number "2541005"? Is that an operator or auto-attendant on CUCM/CUC? If you want users on CME to be able to dial direct to users on CUCM, you can use a pattern in your dial-peer like 254.... instead of a single number. Does that help address your problem? What other numbers are you dialing?

Since this is a SIP trunk, can you provide the output of 'debug ccsip messages' from the CME router while a call is placed? That will give us an idea of how to start investigating the problem.

Maren

2450001.... I was trying to eliminate any issues, and am using just that one phone as a test.

I tried 'debug ccsip messages' but go no logs???

and that got me thinking... I was missing "session proto call sip" on my outbound dialpeer

Thank you

I hope that adding 'session protocol sipv2' to dial-peer 1 solves your problem. (I'm embarrassed I missed that myself.)

For no output with debug ccsip messages, did you issue "terminal monitor" (abbr: term mon) in your telnet session? That causes output that the router normally only sends to the console (like debug output) to be sent to the telnet session as well.

If you are binding the dial-peer to GigabitEthernet0/0/0.59, is that IP address the one that is configured in CUCM? If not, CUCM will ignore the inbound signaling. The router, being helpful, will accept signaling from any router in its trust list, but CUCM is more fussy about what IP address is used as the source IP for inbound signaling packets.

Maren

It is working now, plus I  fixed the dest pattern....

the no output was not from the term mon, but thanks for checking. I leave term mon "off" and check the logs.  I re-checked after adding the session protocol sip, and there was a lot of info. 

As for the binding yes that is the one configured in the CUCM.  

Thank you for giving me the tool to check it out.

@Maren Mahoney wrote:

I hope that adding 'session protocol sipv2' to dial-peer 1 solves your problem. (I'm embarrassed I missed that myself.)

For no output with debug ccsip messages, did you issue "terminal monitor" (abbr: term mon) in your telnet session? That causes output that the router normally only sends to the console (like debug output) to be sent to the telnet session as well.

If you are binding the dial-peer to GigabitEthernet0/0/0.59, is that IP address the one that is configured in CUCM? If not, CUCM will ignore the inbound signaling. The router, being helpful, will accept signaling from any router in its trust list, but CUCM is more fussy about what IP address is used as the source IP for inbound signaling packets.

Maren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: