cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Commands to troubleshoot PRI issues

dittocisco
Level 1
Level 1

(right now we cannot dial outbound from one of our sites, get "call cannot be completed as dialed" but inbound is working)

New to this...but I know about the following commands:

show isdn status

show isdn active

show controller T1

debug isdn q931 (although I still cannot figure out how to show the output to the screen with this one remotely via Putty)

I was curious if there were other commands in addition to this to help troubleshoot issues with a PRI.

For instance is there a way to:

1) verify if the D and B channels are each operational and not experiencing problems?

2) verify that connectivity to CUCM is fine for the call buildup/teardown? (show mgcp maybe?)

3) Additional commands that are used on a 2901 router to troubleshoot/verify connectivity?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

debug isdn q931 will show you the B channel selected and the D channel is always port 15..eg 0/0/0:15

From the description it looks like you are getting a message from CUCM saying your call can not be completed as dialled..This looks like a CSS issue in CUCM. Do you see the call hit the gateway when you turn on debug isdn q931?

You will also need debug voip ccapi inout to see the IP leg before you see the PSTN leg

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chris,

The commands which are using are sufficient for troubleshooting PRI.

sh ccm-manager for GW registration with call manager and show mgcp.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008017b2ad.shtml

You can enable All Session output under Session---logging to capture

regds,

aman

Thanks, any way to grab the D and B channel info/status?

debug isdn q931 will show you the B channel selected and the D channel is always port 15..eg 0/0/0:15

From the description it looks like you are getting a message from CUCM saying your call can not be completed as dialled..This looks like a CSS issue in CUCM. Do you see the call hit the gateway when you turn on debug isdn q931?

You will also need debug voip ccapi inout to see the IP leg before you see the PSTN leg

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Chris,

before you assume it is a gateway related issue, hit the dialed number analyzer in call manager with the external number and check if your CSS and route patterns are correct.

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

shkn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris,

Is the call hitting the gateway ?

Kindly enable logging in putty and run “debug voice ccapi inout” to see if the call is hitting  the gateway

Regards

Shyam

The issue was with the carrier, not us.  It was an issue within their telco network, that they resolved after a few more complaints of the same outbound issue.

Thanks for the suggestions on the additional commands!

Marc Richter
Level 1
Level 1

debug isdn q931 (although I still cannot figure out how to show the output to the screen with this one remotely via Putty)

Hi Chris,

don't forget to enable the Terminal Monitor, so you'll see the output in putty. As soon as you're done enter the "term no mon" command.

But I think minkdennis is right, as I sounds like an CSS issue on the CUCM. Please check the config there and make sure the CSS contains the right partitions.

regards

Marc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: