Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference Now New Feature in CUCM 11X

majedataoui
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have deployed CUCM 11.0.1 in our company and I have configured a conference Now for some users to test this new feature.

I'm asking for the way to configure an announcement in Conference Now when a join the conference.

Actually when I join the meeting I dont have announcement like WebEx.

It's possible to do that configuartion ?

Best regards

Majed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Majeed

This is not feasible using just CUCM.

Br,

nadeem

PS: Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Majed,

Under the Conference Now feature there is no such provision as of now that "Caller X has joined" will be played to the existing participants as it happens on Webex Audio. What only they will listen to is conference party entry and exit tone. Complete details about the feature can be found below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_0_1/featureConfig/CUCM_BK_FE5123E0_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_1101/conference_now.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200181-Configure-Conference-Now-Feature-on-CUCM.html

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Hello Guys ,

Thanks for your feedback is very helpful.

BR

Majed

Kunal Narula
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Majed,

Are you referring to beep sound while entering a meeting? If so, then you need to enable at line level of directory.

Once it is set to On—A tone plays on the phone when a basic call changes to a multi-party call; that is, a barge call, cBarge call, ad hoc conference, meet-me conference, or a joined call. In addition, a different tone plays when a party leaves the multi-party call. If the controlling device, that is, the originator of the multi-party call has a built-in bridge, the tone gets played to all parties if you choose On for the controlling device. When the controlling device leaves the call, Cisco Unified Communications Manager identifies whether another device on the call can play the tone; if another device on the call can play the tone, Cisco Unified Communications Manager plays the tone. If the controlling device cannot play the tone, Cisco Unified Communications Manager does not play the tone even if you enable the party entrance tone feature.

Thanks!

Kunal

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Majeed

This is not feasible using just CUCM.

Br,

nadeem

PS: Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: