Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Change User Rank ID via BULK

at
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We upgraded our CUCM Cluster to 11.5SU2 in April 2017. Now we want to Change some Permission Things so that the Customer can do some things without our help. (Assign spec. Access Control Group to Enduser - Permission Group).

Thererfore we defined some Access Control Groups with User Rank id 8. The Customer should only be valid to assign ACGs with id 8 to enduser. Therefore we should change the (8000) Enduser to User Rank id 8.

Question

In the moment all Enduser are in User Rank 1 (=Default User Rank). We want to change the Enduser to User Rank 8 (=Enduser Rank). We created this User Rank. The problem is that we cannot change via BULK Tool the Enduser User Rank Field.

It seems that we should change this field manual. Because we have about 8000 Enduser this is not very comfortable. Does anybody know a hint to solve our problem (Change User Rank via BULK or SQL) ?

thanks 

regards

alex 

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Export the End Users with all details. I believe User Rank is a column. Delete everything except the user ID and the user rank columns, save to CAV, and do an Update Users specific details.

Sorry, but in the user export list we do. not see a 'user rank' id field :-(

Hi, did you manage to nail this question down ?

optadata
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we got into the same situation.

Additionally, when downgrading a user to a lower rank, in the webinterface all assigned 'Access Control Groups' are being removed.

I figured the following SQL query:

run sql update enduser set userrank = '5' where userid in ('user1','user2')

I tried this with single users successfully without losing the assigned 'Access Control Groups', but I'm not sure what might happen, when I roll this out to all endusers.

I definitely would prefer a Bulk Job Solution.

Hi

we solved the problem via cli

run sql ccm update enduser set userrank="8" where userrank="1" and userid like "%.032"

with the like filter we convert 6000 user in 10 Minutes from userrank 1 to 8

without loosing Access Group Def. 

But this szenario is not tac supportet - so caution

regards

alex

Yes, it worked well for us too.
Using SQL Query won't drop the Access Group Definitions.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: