Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUWL License consuming...

Hi folks

I have a question about the new licensing from Cisco in version 9.x and 10.x of the CUCM servers.

If we add 10CUWL Pro License in the PLM, at what  moment the CUCM will use one or more license? I mean, how it will be counted?

If I configure manually one End User, will it use one license or do I need also configure a phone and atribute this phone to the user and then PLM will count one used license or not.

UWL is a Workspace License but which configuration on the CUCM server is related to "consume" such a license?

I hope that somebody can help me.

Wish you a nice day.

Regards,

Pascal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Each device will consume a license depending on the device type. If you only have CUWL PRO it will use CUWL PRO is it will borrow from upper tier.  If you add another device for the same user, i.e. Jabber CSF and associate the device with the same owner ID then still only one CUWL license is used as you can have up to 10 devices associated to single users with CUWL.  If for example you forgot to assign owner ID to the second device CUCM/PLM would use another CUWL license.  So, user ID assignment is very important with new licensing model.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Each device will consume a license depending on the device type. If you only have CUWL PRO it will use CUWL PRO is it will borrow from upper tier.  If you add another device for the same user, i.e. Jabber CSF and associate the device with the same owner ID then still only one CUWL license is used as you can have up to 10 devices associated to single users with CUWL.  If for example you forgot to assign owner ID to the second device CUCM/PLM would use another CUWL license.  So, user ID assignment is very important with new licensing model.

[+5] to Chris .

you can also refer the link for more details

https://supportforums.cisco.com/sites/default/files/legacy/3/9/9/15368993-Owner%20ID.pdf

regds,

aman

Hi guys

Thank you for your information.

I know now how Cisco counts the different licenses.

I think there is a thing to discuss with Cisco with the EM fonctionality
that doesn't use a license but every phone with EM activated.

We will see...thank you again and have a nice day.

Regards,
Pascal

Hi Pascal,

The way in which licensing works for Extension Mobility changed in CUCM 9.1a

Important: Extension Mobility has been removed as a licensed user feature in Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.1(1a). Users that have only Extension Mobility configured no longer require an Essential license. Extension Mobility is configured when a device profile is entered for Extension Mobility in the End User Configuration.

This statement was taken from the document below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_RD7D4696_00_cucm-release-notes-911a/CUCM_BK_RD7D4696_00_release-notes-for-cisco-unified_chapter_0100.html#CUCM_RF_LE6E87EE_00 

HTH

James