Views
Helpful
Replies

Device CSS v Line CSS

GRANT3779
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All,

When Line and Device are in different CSS, how is the call handled? This is causing me a lot of confusion. I had an extension that couldn't make outgoing external calls. The Line CSS did not have the required partition, but the device CSS did. I thought they were concatenated together? If this the case, why would the person be unable to dial out if the Device CSS had a correct partition?

Thanks

21 Replies 21

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Grant,

This statement is most correct

"If my Line CSS only allowed Internal Numbers, but the Device CSS allowed  external, does this classify the Line CSS as "blocking external  numbers"?"

That would be considered "Line Level" blocking.

Cheers!

Rob

"Talk about a dream
Try to make it real" 

- Springsteen

Nishant Savalia
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Grant,

Is your issue resolved?

If not then please do provide the detail trace if possible.

Thank You

Nishant

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Abhishek Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reason for that is that the Line Pt and Css would always have the precedence over the Device CSS. Any incorrect change on the line PT. CSS is bound to block call rights for user.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Whatever level you reach getting better never stops -- Sachin Tendulkar

milkboy33
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Nice thread. Thought I'd throw this into the mix...

If on the Line CSS a call permitted, but on the Device CSS it's blocked, is the call routed or blocked?

Cheers,

-Tom

Call would be permitted as Line CSS has preference over Device CSS as long as the matched patterns are the same.

HTH,

Chris

josh.luther1
Level 1
Level 1

So to clarify this personally:

Generally speaking, would you want to assign the device a CSS which encompasses all specific line CSS's on the device?

Example (1 Device - 2 Lines):

Line 1 - International CSS (Which also allows Local and Long Distance)

Line 2 - Local CSS

Device - International CSS

Line 1 would be able to make International, local, and long distance calls, while Line 2 would be restricted to Local.

If the device were assigned Local CSS, line 1 international calls would fail?

Although this thread has lead to excellent discussion on the subject and you should get answer out of this. In your question, since line1 CSS is allowed to make international call and device CSS doesn't restrict it, international call would not fail. - Vivek