cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory Number Associations

scott.smail
Level 1
Level 1

I'm somewhat new to Cisco, so please bear with me a bit...

I'm trying to create a new device profile & a new end user for one of our programs...these users use contact center as well.  Below are the steps I have followed.

1. Found an available directory numbers (Primary & IPCC)
  2. Copied an exisitng device profile and made the necessary edits
  3. Copied an exisitng end user & made the necessary edits
  4. Under Directory Number Associations, the IPCC exttension is listed, so I select it.
  5. From CCX I added the user to the team & made the other necessary changes

So far everything looks good, but their primary extension is not listed from the drop down menu.  Can someone assit me?

Call Manager 8.0

Scott

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Scott,

Have you associated the user to the device profile..The primary extension is selected from the device the user is controlling..SO you need to go to user management in cucm, select the user and under controlled profile select the EM profile..Then save. After this, you should see the primary extension for the user

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

When a user is associated with a profile or device..All the extensions on that phone will appear under the primary extensions. You need to select the one you want to be the primary extension..then save it

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Scott,

Have you associated the user to the device profile..The primary extension is selected from the device the user is controlling..SO you need to go to user management in cucm, select the user and under controlled profile select the EM profile..Then save. After this, you should see the primary extension for the user

Thanks for the very quick reply!! 

That's what I thought, but in this case I have the user listed under controlled profiles & default profile, but the primary extension is not listed...at least not what I am expecting the priomary extension to be.  I am expecting the primary extension to be 5528, which is what is listed at the top of the same window under telephone number.  Instead, the primary number options listed are all of the different line appearances.

Any ideas?

When a user is associated with a profile or device..All the extensions on that phone will appear under the primary extensions. You need to select the one you want to be the primary extension..then save it

I definitley understand what you're saying.  I have looked at some of our other accounts and they are set up like you're saying.  I guess where i'm a little confused is that we have some in which the line appearance extensions are not set as the primary.  Instead the primary is the Directory number. I'm going to go with one of the line apeparances, but the one I had copied was just set up different.

Thanks for you help!!

Clearly when using self provisioning, the user record mus have the assocated primary line.   However, no device will be availalbe until the phone auto provisions and then then the user self provisions.   You cant run self provisioning unless the user has a primary line assigned.   So this suggests that there is a way to assoicate a user with a line or DN, prior to having a device?

There are two ways to add a line for user when doing self provisioning.

1.Use the feature group template with LDAP sync Directory and ensure you set the apply to sync telephone. This will use the telephonenumber field in AD to create the DN for the user

2. The second method is to manually use the quick userphone ADD to add the DN.

User management>user phone Add>quick userphone ADD>select the user

Hi Ayodeji,

I'm trying to create a new end user and associate to secondary extension of my cisco 7812, these users use contact center as well.but when i want log in to Finesse with the user and secondary extension error is attached.  Can Ayodeji assit me?

thanks

I dont think you can login with second line for an agent. You can have non acd-lines if your PG is configured for multi line support on an agent phone. The primary line on the agent phone has to be the ACD line and must be setup to use max calls=2 and busy trigger =1

excuse me, my ip phone is Cisco 7861. with this phone can not solved my problem?

very thanks for good and quick respond.

my scenario is two agents want work with one ip phone cisco 7861, we set up two extension on this phone (extension 5051 and extension 5052 configure on cisco 7861).

agent A IPCC Extension set 5051 and Agent B IPCC Extension set 5052.

agent A can sign in with Extension 5051 to Finesse very well, but Agent B can not sign in with Extension 5052 to Finesse, and my agents should not see the Caller ID before and after answer the call in Finesse and IPPhone. please help me to solve this problems?

very thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: