Views
Helpful
Replies

DST summer 2013

hjacquemin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm actually looking for a CUCM patch 7.1.x to updata the DST for 2013. As last year our CUCM cluster change the summer time 1 week early.

I checked on Donwload area of Cisco's webside but the only thing I found is that file

Olsen 2012j DST update for  7.1(5x)

In the release note there is no information about summer time 2013.

Thanks,

Hervé Jacquemin

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

hjacquemin
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I had the TAC

for version 7.1.5x

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282421166&flowid=5328&softwareid=282074298&release=7.1(5-2012j)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

the latest DST patch file

for version 7.1.3x

no solution, upgrade to 7.1.5x and if needed installed the DST patches.

View solution in original post

Peter Plum
Level 1
Level 1

For a cucm 8.6: just install ciscocm.dst-updater.2012j-1.el5.8.6.2.cop.sgn on all servers and reboot the cluster.

Hi

Please see official response from Cisco TAC regarding Version 8.0.3 below:

I just wanted to tell you that I tried to engage higher resources on this case and got a confirmation that no time zone updater COP file is released for CUCM version 8.0.3.

At this point I can only suggest you to upgrade the call manager to 8.6.2 and then install the time zone updater COP file.

I apologies for any inconvenience.

Below is the link to download the time zone update file for version 8.6.2, you need to install it on all the severs in your cluster followed by a cluster wider reboot:

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/28d13

Regards

30 Replies 30

Simon Carron
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have the same problem with CUCM version 8.5 but not on 7970 phones types.

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You are correct, it is not available on Cisco site.

What I suggest is that u can open a case with Cisco TAC and they can publish for you if it is available.

regds,

aman

chabane08
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I experience the same issue 8945 phones display wrong  hour (change to summer time) all other phones 7945 end 9971 get the  correct time.

CUCM 8.6 and Release 9.

Have you got any answer from Cisco

Hi,

I setup (GMT+1:00) etc/GMT-1 i restart 8945 phone and i have the correct time....

it's a "solution" if you wait one week you will also have the good time.

you will have th change back you timezone next Monday.

hjacquemin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

For the moment I received nothing from Cisco.

I keep you informed as soon as possible.

Aleix Romero
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If you are in CMT+1 you can configure Africa-Porto novo. This time zone is not affected and seems that works fine

Note: Since "Africa Porto-Novo" has no DST, you will have to turn back to the old timezone later.

Jeff Clark
Level 1
Level 1

We have (had) the same issue this morning.

Call Manager 8.6.2 with a mix of 7940, 7942, 7945, 8945 and 9971 handsets. All but the 7942 and 9971 handsets were showing an hour ahead of the correct time.

Our Date/Time Group was set to use (GMT) Europe/London; we changed this to (GMT) Etc/Greenwich and restarted all handsets (633 of them!) which then came back up with the correct time, i.e. GMT not BST.

Feels like there's a bug in the device software of some phone models or even in the TimeZone itself? I'm sure Cisco will release a device software patch pretty soon.

Jeff

Same issue in Sofia, Bulgaria (GMT +2) with a couple of 8.6 clusters. All 69xx IP Phones changed the summer time 1 week early. I have a couple of 7962 and 7945 which are OK.

Any tips?

Find a country with GMT+2 and no DST policy ... be careful you have to change it again to switch to summer-time "manually".

Let me know if it works for you too.

Regards,

Franck-Emanuel

Same problem in France (GMT+1 Paris),

Workaround : in Date/Time Group we choose GMT+1 Africa/Luanda. It's a country with no DST ...

So we have to plan to change it again into GMT+1 Paris on next Friday ...

I can't believe this kind of issue happens ... all our customer wich have old 79XX or SIP models are impacted.

hjacquemin
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I had the TAC

for version 7.1.5x

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282421166&flowid=5328&softwareid=282074298&release=7.1(5-2012j)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

the latest DST patch file

for version 7.1.3x

no solution, upgrade to 7.1.5x and if needed installed the DST patches.

Peter Plum
Level 1
Level 1

For a cucm 8.6: just install ciscocm.dst-updater.2012j-1.el5.8.6.2.cop.sgn on all servers and reboot the cluster.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: