cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Automatically Shutdown PRI or Controller E1 when there are no calls on MGCP

eliran mor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i need to change some settings on a voice gateway registered to cucm , the VGW has 16 pri connected to it and receiving calls 24/7 obviusly no all the pri are full all the time or busy but during the whole day there are some active calls on it, we have several more GTW but it seems that a specific one have priority by the provider and i can't seem to find any downtime for it , the settings i need to configure require me to stop mgcp which will lead to dropped calls and i want to avoid it

is there a commend that will shut down a pri or e1 controller when there are no calls on it ? that way during a day or two all the pri will be shutdown so i can have my "downtine" without affecting incoming calls

thank you/

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Did you try the command
isdn service b_channel 1-30 stae 2 soft under serial interface?

This will keep the PRI Line active till the call completed and shut it down when free. But last time i tried this the ISP Provider was considering this line to be busy and any call on it were getting busy signal.
I am not sure if this works with MGCP .

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There should be no reason to do this. Q931 will terminate the call and free up the appropriate d channel. What caused this behaviour all if a sudden. Did you upgrade ios? Can you debug 931 and see if a tear down is initiated from either end?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

dear Dennis i think you dont understand my request , there is no "behavior" or a problem with the ios or the gateway i simply want to make some configurations which require me to stop the mgcp and as i said there are calls on the router on any given time , what i would like to do is gradually shut down pri or e1 when each one is free of calls so no new calls will come in

that way eventually no new calls will inbound this gateway so i could work on it

is there a way to do it automatically ?and not by checking the voice call status all the time and try to "hunt" free pri channels and shut them down manually ?

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Did you try the command
isdn service b_channel 1-30 stae 2 soft under serial interface?

This will keep the PRI Line active till the call completed and shut it down when free. But last time i tried this the ISP Provider was considering this line to be busy and any call on it were getting busy signal.
I am not sure if this works with MGCP .

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

Hi Harris

Thank you for the reply , i used your suggested command and it seem to be working and less and less calls are coming in to  the voice gateway, however how can i see on which serial interface i have applied the command , on show ISDN status or show IP interface brief everything is up, and most importantly how do i  i reverse (cancel) the command once i am done working on the gateway and want calls to start coming in again ?

Thank you

Use command show isdn service.

Look for the state of particular channel you will find the codes there.

Please do remember to rate useful posts & accept as solutions if applicable