cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group & Unity Connection

rajat00700
Level 1
Level 1

I have an senario with hunt group and Unity connection. I am using Unity connection 8.0 and UCS 8.5. The senario is like this in the office hours i want call to go to call handler after 5 rings or when the hunt group is busy that is working fine.But I want after office hours call should  directly go to call handler without ringing on hunt.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1. Build new time period that defines your after hours time
  2. Build new time schedule using this period
  3. Build new partition i.e. AfterHours-PT and apply this time schedule to it
  4. Build new CTI Route Point where the DN is the same as of the Hunt Pilot but it is in this new Partition, set call forward all to go to VM checkbox
  5. Assign this partition to all CSSes that would need to reach this destination, i.e. GW CSS, Phone CSS, etc. Ensure this PT is listed ahead of the regular partition assigned to the Hunt Pilot

That's all. This way when call arrives during after hours defined in the time period it will match this partition and route the call via this CTI RP that is set to go to VM and where the extension of the call handler is the same as this CTI RP. When call arrives during business hours it simply uses the "default" route which is the hunt pilot.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What you want is time based call routing, that is described in the product documentation.

By UCS I think you meant Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) on UCS platform.  Either way as Paolo states use Time Of Day routing on CUCM, basically create time period, time schedule and assign it to a partition, then create CTI RP with duplicate DN of the hunt pilot in the new ToD partition. Set this CTI RP to forward all to VM, assign the new partition as the first partition in all CSS that need to have access to this routing and your are done.

HTH,

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rajat,

Just to add another method to the great tips from Paolo & Chris (+5 guys!)

In some cases the organization would like to be able to control the after hours

times in case they need flexibilty in when the "closed" action takes place. You can use the

Hunt Group login/logout method to control when calls are routed to voicemail without ringing

any line group member phones When all members are logged out calls go directly to VM.

Have a look;

Log Out of Hunt Groups

The Log Out of Hunt Groups feature allows phone users to log their phones out from receiving calls that get routed to directory numbers that belong to line groups to which the phone lines are associated. Regardless of the phone status, the phone rings normally for incoming calls that are not calls to the line group(s) that are associated with the phone. The phone provides a visual status of the login state, so the user can determine by looking at the phone whether they are logged in to their line group(s).

The Log Out of Hunt Groups feature also comprises the following components:

The HLog softkey allows a phone user to log a phone out of all line groups to which the phone directory numbers belong. Configure the HLog softkey in the Softkey Layout Configuration window. When the user presses the HLog softkey, the phone screen displays "Logged out of Hunt Group." When the user presses the HLog softkey again to log back in and receive hunt group calls, the "Logged out of Hunt Group" notification on the phone screen clears.

The Hunt Group Logoff Notification service parameter in the Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone) section of the Service Parameters Configuration window for the Cisco CallManager service must be configured to enable this feature.

Hunt Group Logoff Notification Service Parameter

The Hunt Group Logoff Notification service parameter in the Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone) section of the Service Parameters Configuration window for the Cisco CallManager service provides the option to turn audible ring tones on or off when calls that come in to a line group arrive at the phone and the current status of the phone is logoff. The default value specifies None, which causes the phone not to ring.

The Log Out of Hunt Groups feature, which is device-based, operates differently for non-shared lines and for shared lines.

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

rajat00700
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses.

I tried to configure the time based call routing as per Cisco documentation but no luck .

I configure two time based route partition and asssociate them with a CSS that is already working but no luck.I applied it translation pattern also but no luck there also.Can you explain it with an senario so that i can find out where I went wrong.

Thanks

Rajat

1. Build new time period that defines your after hours time
  2. Build new time schedule using this period
  3. Build new partition i.e. AfterHours-PT and apply this time schedule to it
  4. Build new CTI Route Point where the DN is the same as of the Hunt Pilot but it is in this new Partition, set call forward all to go to VM checkbox
  5. Assign this partition to all CSSes that would need to reach this destination, i.e. GW CSS, Phone CSS, etc. Ensure this PT is listed ahead of the regular partition assigned to the Hunt Pilot

That's all. This way when call arrives during after hours defined in the time period it will match this partition and route the call via this CTI RP that is set to go to VM and where the extension of the call handler is the same as this CTI RP. When call arrives during business hours it simply uses the "default" route which is the hunt pilot.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris.It works.........

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: