Nice one Rob - that is exactly the issue I have. The latest and greatest (cmterm-8832-sip.12-5-1-16.k3.cop.sgn) is available now so will give that a go. At least its not a device pack so the impact is fairly minimal in that it only affects the 8832.
Given that we've already broken it, things can only get better.... can't they :-0
No, the devices are considered to be one on th CUCM Administration, with a single configuration in respect to Directory Number
I have configured in the past 8831 on daisy-chain by following the procedure that is described on the link:
-In CallManager, only the primary phone needs to be configured and it should be registered. However, the secondary phone is not added to CallManager.
-Always remember to configure the port where the phone is connected to have PoE disabled-
I was able to register my CP-8832 to my Call Manager 11.5.1 by proceeding like so:
Device power on and boots on default Firmware then receive the new firmware from your TFTP, reboots and goes into "Connecting" mode in a loop.
2) Download and install the latest Firmware for 8832 on Cisco's page. and upload the firmware file to your TFTP server(s).
3) Restart TFTP service on all servers where you have uploaded the firmware.
4) Install Language Pack/Locale if required from this link.
You MUST reboot all servers where you apply this locale in order for it to be functional. Follow this link if you need help installing the package.
5) Verify that your Device Type (8832) is showing the right Load Information under Device>Device Settings>Device Defaults : Dual Bank Information that matches the Firmware you have uploaded before. (This is the Load that will be sent to your 8832 from the TFTP)
5) Connect the CP-8832 and hold * button until the Green led goes off. (This step will load the default firmware of the 8832 and allow you to Register the phone and ask for the new firmware just uploaded in your TFTP.
The CP-8832 will boot, then reboot to apply the new firmware and reboot a second time if a Locale change is needed depending on how you configured your phone. You will see the upgrade process on the Device's page under Status.
Your CP-8832 should now be registred and should work fine.