cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lower your Voice Alert

Emily Sharrard
Level 1
Level 1

I've never noticed the "Lower your voice Alert".  A user happened to find it.  You can turn it off via the phone settings.  I am trying to find out if it can be globally turned off.  Also, when was this feature implemented.   Not finding anything in Administration/Maintain & Operate.  Also poked around phone configuration, common phone profiles, enterprise settings.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It was introduced on FW 12.7(1), the RN cover it. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
It is called "sidetone". It help the talker lower his voice by piping his voice back to the headset.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It was introduced on FW 12.7(1), the RN cover it. 

HTH

java

Ah yes, release notes.  Did not look there.  Thank you.

dp215
Level 1
Level 1

Check out the new 12.7 features in the ciscolive doc or release notes. The feature can be disabled.

https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/emea/docs/2020/pdf/BRKUCC-2050.pdf

Thank you for sharing this.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

FYI, I just saw confirmation this is not centrally managed, this is a PER device setting with no control from CUCM.

If you wish to see this to be centrally managed, reach out to your SE/AM to submit a PER

HTH

java

There's an enhancement request to disable it by default, that will probably be the fix that comes first

CP-88xx - Make 'Lower Your Voice Alert' Disabled By Default
CSCvt04894

HTH

java

Good to know, Jaime.  We never know for sure how Cisco prioritizes things.  Thanks!

Response Signature
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: