Views
Helpful
Replies

One User, Two Voicemails in Unity Connection

Paul Lehnert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm running Unity Connection 8.6 and trying to see if I can give another user access to someone else's voicemail.  He is taking over for someone else, but will still be doing his old job, so wants access to both VMs right now, as there are messages on the old one that he still wants.  Is there a way to give him access to both at the same time?  Thanks.

9 Replies 9

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Paul,

What you can do is to assign a secondary extension to this persons phone. Then go to unity connection and add this extension as an alternate extension to the voicemail number of the old staff.

To access the voicemail, the user needs to press the button assigned the secondary extension, then hit the message button. This will take him/her directly to the voicemail of the old staff

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

I did try that and I got a message that says:

A User with the specified extension already exists in the Partition

When I tried to add the other to an alternate extension.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Paul,

+5 to my friend Deji for his good thoughts on this

Let's use some numbers as examples here. We'll say that the user's

old number is 5555 and the new number he is taking over is 6666.

Delete the mailbox @ 6666.

I would get the user to listen to all the messages on 5555 and once done

then you can change the mailbox @ 5555 to 6666. You can then add 5555

as an Alternate extension under 6666.

Cheers!

Rob

"I don't know how, I don't know when
But you and I will meet again " 

- Tom Petty

Hi Rob,

Even though I have no such requirement but is interesting to have such option.[+5]

Suppose I have an extension 5555 and still want to access 6666[the user who is not available and want to access his Voice Mail}, if u could elaborate would be Gr8.If any snapshot is possible.

redgs,

aman

I was trying to see if I can do it without deleting the voicemail.  But that is what it appears I'll have to do.  So I'll have the user copy his voicemail messages to a personal folder on his email.  Thanks.

Hi Paul/Aman,

You can have access to both VM accounts for a time, but probably not a great

long term solution. Of course the access to any account is predicated on the

PIN/Password so if you wanted to keep both accounts active you would have to

reset the PIN(s) or Password(s) so that the remaining user has multiple access

capabilities

You might have to tweak the user alias as well, so if the users alias for one account

is buncle you might have to assign buncle1 to the second mailbox.

If the user wants to, they can forward the messages from the old account to the new account

so they can be archived further.

Cheers!

Rob

"I don't know how, I don't know when
But you and I will meet again " 

- Tom Petty

Hi Rob,

thanks.

regds,

aman

I must be lazy, because my first thought on this was just adding another imap account to the user's mail client. 

Thanks.  I just had the user send his voicemails to the new extension, and deleted his old account.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: