Views
Helpful
Replies

Toll Bypass - routing US calls from China to Voice GW in US

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I have an office in China and I am trying to configure CUCM to route all US calls from China office to the voice gw in the US. Currently users in China have to dial 9.001 and then number for US calls. The users are used to dialing 9.001 for US calls so I would like to keep the same dialing structure. How do I configure CUCM to route US calls to the voice gw in the US in this scenario ?

I am running CUCM 7.1.3 and voice gateways are H323

Thanks all in advance !!

D.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No issue as long as the GW you are sending the call out of can route all calls as 11 digits. If the GW is in location that requires 7 or 10 digit dialing for local calls you will need separate route patterns for those local area codes.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi dtran

You are looking for TEHO Feature (Tail End Hop Off). Take a look on this Configuration Tutorial to further details.

Implementing TEHO with pstn backup

Note: When implementing TEHO, ensure that the deployment complies with national legal requirements.

Please remember to rate helpful   responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Hi Bruno,

The link you sent is very helpful !! much appreciated !!

Thanks !!

D.

Please Dtran mark this question as answered!

Great tips Bruno!

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

I am thinking configuring a 9001.[2-9]XXXXXXXXX route pattern for China users and point it to the PSTN gateway in the US for US calls from China. I would need to strip out Predot and Prepend 1. Anyone foresee any issue with this route pattern ?

Thanks !!

D.

No issue as long as the GW you are sending the call out of can route all calls as 11 digits. If the GW is in location that requires 7 or 10 digit dialing for local calls you will need separate route patterns for those local area codes.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris !! much appreciate your response !!

I just ran some test calls and all went through successfully.

Thanks all for your help !!

D.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: