Views
Helpful
Replies

UC Port In Service

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Everyone,

We just migrated our UC cluster from SCCP to SIP and since the migration the secondary server shows 100 as total ports but 0 Port In Service. Please see the attached screenshot. Is this a bug?

UC Version 10.5.2.13901-2

Thanks,

MK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Everyone,

Updating this post for those who may run into the same issue that I did.

After raising a TAC case with CIsco, the engineer collected some logs & packet captures and noticed that the Conversation Manager is corrupted.

Using the command utils cuc cluster overwritedb from the sub copied the database from publisher to the sub and the problem was resolved.

Thanks,

MK

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Ports in service should show for both primary and secondary unity connections. Could you try restarting the servers. It should work

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Thank you for the reply.

I have restarted the server and Conversation Manager multiple times but no luck!

Thanks,

MK 

Hi there

Could you check show cuc cluster status

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

Here's the outuput for cluster status and db replication:

admin:show cuc cluster status

Server Name  Member ID  Server State  Internal State  Reason
-----------  ---------  ------------  --------------  ------
scun50001p   0          Primary       Pri Active      Normal
scunpdc02p   1          Secondary     Sec Active      Normal

SERVER                 ID STATE    STATUS     QUEUE  CONNECTION CHANGED
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
g_ciscounity_pub      100 Active   Local           0               
g_ciscounity_sub1     101 Active   Connected       0 Feb 13 11:26:16

SERVERS
Server            Peer              ID   State    Status     Queue  Connection Changed
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
g_ciscounity_pub  g_ciscounity_pub  100  Active   Local      0                    
                  g_ciscounity_sub1 101  Active   Connected  0      Feb 13 11:26:16
g_ciscounity_sub1 g_ciscounity_pub  100  Active   Connected  0      Feb 13 11:26:16
                  g_ciscounity_sub1 101  Active   Local      0                    

STATE
Source            ER               Capture          Network          Apply          
                  State            State            State            State          
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
g_ciscounity_pub  Active           Running          Running          Running        
g_ciscounity_sub1 Active           Running          Running          Running   

admin:utils dbreplication runtimestate

Server Time: Tue May 22 14:02:49 EDT 2018

Cluster Replication State: Replication status command started at: 2018-02-15-15-45
     Replication status command COMPLETED 681 tables checked out of 681
     Last Completed Table: devicenumplanmapremdestmap
     No Errors or Mismatches found.

Use 'file view activelog cm/trace/dbl/sdi/ReplicationStatus.2018_02_15_15_45_20.out' to see the details

DB Version: ccm10_5_2_13901_2
Repltimeout set to: 300s
PROCESS option set to: 1

Cluster Detailed View from SCUN50001P (2 Servers):

PING      DB/RPC/   REPL.    Replication    REPLICATION SETUP
SERVER-NAME         IP ADDRESS        (msec)    DbMon?    QUEUE    Group ID       (RTMT) & Details
-----------         ----------        ------    -------   -----    -----------    ------------------
SCUN50001P          10.9.0.7          0.018     Y/Y/Y     0        (g_2)          (2) Setup Completed
SCUNPDC02P          10.89.0.2         0.297     Y/Y/Y     0        (g_3)          (2) Setup Completed

Hi there

You cluster seems to be good. Cant find any errors.

Btw, can you see the ports, at Telephony Integrations >> Port. You could be able to see all the ports here

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

Yes, the ports are all available.

Thanks,

MK

Hi there 

just a couple of thoughts, 

1) what happens if you try adding more ports to the existing group ? 

2) any change if you delete some ports

As a last resort can you try deleting the ports or even redo the complete integration process.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/integration/guide/cucm_sip/cucintcucmsip.html

http://www.uccollaborationgeek.com/cisco-unity-connection-sip-integration/

https://wrmem.net/index.php/2017/05/09/configuring-sip-integration-between-cucm-and-unity-connection/

Hope this Helps

Cheers

Rath!

I cannot add any ports as I am at the max the server allows but I can delete ports and add them again.

I deleted all existing ports with the secondary server and added them again but no changes.

I am suspecting the issue is coming from the trust certifications.

I was able to regenerate the new certs but don't seem to be able to regenerate the tomcat-trust SCUNPDC02P and SCUN50001P. How do I regenerate those two. I am attaching the screenshot expired  and new certs.

Thanks,

MK

Hi there

Could you verify these certificates by OS Administration >> Security >> Certificate Management >> Find. This lists all your certificates. Open and check the expiration of tomcat and tomcat-trust. You can delete the expired ones.

Do regeneration for both servers and restart Cisco Tomcat service using CLI.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

It's already done and the result is posted. Please see the attached file to the previous post called Certs.

Thanks,

MK

<Never mind. Misread the problem.>

Anybody with any other ideas?

Thanks,

MK

Hi Everyone,

Updating this post for those who may run into the same issue that I did.

After raising a TAC case with CIsco, the engineer collected some logs & packet captures and noticed that the Conversation Manager is corrupted.

Using the command utils cuc cluster overwritedb from the sub copied the database from publisher to the sub and the problem was resolved.

Thanks,

MK

Hi there

Nice to hear that your issue is resolved and thanks for the info.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!