cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 7.1 and + in dial string

anthonymd
Level 1
Level 1

I've just put a + in front of all our numbers in AD and have found that our Attendant Console will not dial these numbers. We get a busy tone like the call can not be competed as dialed. What do I need to do on CM to get the + sign recognized or ignored?

Thanks for your help.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Do you have route patterns configured for + dialing in Call Manager?  For example:

\+1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX

View solution in original post

Yes, you will need a pattern for each type of call that you are attempting to dial with a + preceeding.  The route pattern must being with a \ which is an escape character that removes all wildcard capabilities from the + character and simply looks for the physical + sign.  There's quite a bit of documentation to go through and a lot of posts of the forums about + dialing and the globalization of numbers you may want to check out.  Here's a Cisco document you may want to review:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fscallpn.html

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Do you have route patterns configured for + dialing in Call Manager?  For example:

\+1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX

I do not. So I guess I'd have to set up those router patterns. So would I need one for Local, LD, and Intl?

Yes, you will need a pattern for each type of call that you are attempting to dial with a + preceeding.  The route pattern must being with a \ which is an escape character that removes all wildcard capabilities from the + character and simply looks for the physical + sign.  There's quite a bit of documentation to go through and a lot of posts of the forums about + dialing and the globalization of numbers you may want to check out.  Here's a Cisco document you may want to review:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fscallpn.html

Thank you for the info and help. The document was great and useful.