Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to install UCCX Editor

b.t
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have been trying for the last coupla hours to install UCCX Editor on my PC.  I have trawled the web and found a few things, but nothing has got this working.

Windows 9 PC - Jav 8 version 60 (build 1.8.0_60-b27) - UCCX 10.5.2 (installer seems to be version 1061).

The installer gets to the end and then reports "The installation of Cisco Unified CCX Editor_1061 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install.  Please see the installation log for details."

Program does not appear in control panel as an installed program.  If I run the editor manually from its folder location, the program flashes up for a split second and then disappears....................

I can only get the installer that far by using the -i gui option.  I have also tried making a batch file with -i gui and running the command prompt as administrator - still no luck

Log file shows (in first log section)

Summary
-------

Installation: Successful with errors.

2126 Successes
1 Warnings
3 NonFatalErrors
0 FatalErrors

(no detail shown about what the errors are though)

In second section

Install Uninstaller:      Cisco Unified CCX Editor_1061 (Install All Uninstaller Components)
                          Additional Notes: ERROR - Error writing LaunchAnywhere components (Access Denied)

AND

Set Environment Variable: PATH = C:\Program Files (x86)\wfavvid;C:\Program Files (x86)\wfavvid\lib\;C:\Program Files (x86)\wfavvid\java\bin
                          Additional Notes: WARNING - java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/usr/bin/sh": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi BT,

I am assuming that you are using Windows 8 and not 9 to start with. If this is the case, then let me tell you it is not supported to install CCX Editor on 8 or 8.1. Please check the compatibility sheet for the same as well:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_10.5%281%29_SU1

Even if you manage to find a way to get it install somehow, there will be issues post installtion as well and hence you should not waste time on this.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi BT,

I am assuming that you are using Windows 8 and not 9 to start with. If this is the case, then let me tell you it is not supported to install CCX Editor on 8 or 8.1. Please check the compatibility sheet for the same as well:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_10.5%281%29_SU1

Even if you manage to find a way to get it install somehow, there will be issues post installtion as well and hence you should not waste time on this.

Regards

Deepak

Slip of the brain here. Of course it was Windows 8. My workaround was to install Windows 7 as a VM.....

Considering that Windows 7 is now six years old, Windows 8 came out 3 years ago and we are now on Windows 10, when can we expect an update to UCCX Editor?

I was able to get it to work on Windows 10.  You have to change the properties of the executable to Windows 7 under compatibility, then install it using command prompt.  So far it is working without any issues.

Thanks, that solution worked for me.

Changed setup file properties to windows 7 and then installed normally no -i gui option required, then changed Executable to windows 7 as well and ran as administrator. working perfectly so far.

b.t
Level 1
Level 1

Nope

Windows 9.  I already saw the Windows 8 articles.

I am not aware of Microsoft releasing any version 9 for their Operating System. After Windows 8, their next release is 10 so not sure what you are referring as Windows 9. The latest release as of now is UCCX 11 and even that does not support Windows 10. only till 8.1.

Regards

Deepak

chrisbwfc
Level 1
Level 1

May be a silly question, but have you verified the install path of the editor is "C:\Program Files (x86)\wfavvid_xxxx"?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/118706-technote-uccx-00.html

hth

For installing on Windows 10, have used these instructions many times and never had problems with running the editor once installed.

1) Before starting the installation, create a directory C:\Program Files (x86)\wfavvid_XXXX (editor version)

2) Log into the laptop / PC with adminstrator account

3) Right-click the installation file and select ‘Properties’.

4) Click the ‘Compatibility’ tab.

5) Check the box next to ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select ‘Windows 7’ from the drop-down menu.

6) Click ‘Apply’.

7) Run the installation as administrator.

8) When prompted , change the installation folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\wfavvid_XXXX directory you created earlier.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: