cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Update TFTP Address on IP Communicator

Thiago Gandara
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Voice team, i change the CUCM on my company to version 9.1.

I had to change the ip address, the problem is that now I have more than 100 ip communicator, how do I dynamically change the TFTP address that is registered?

Thanks,

Thiago

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi.

The windows registry key mentioned by Chris is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems Inc.\Communicator

TFTPServer1 (the ip address is written in decimal or hexadecimal)

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

tftfp1: 56022f0a

tftp2: 57022f0a

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is stored in the registry, so if you can push the registry update it would be the easiest, assuming you are not using default and pulling it from DHCP scope.

HTH,

Chris

Hi.

The windows registry key mentioned by Chris is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems Inc.\Communicator

TFTPServer1 (the ip address is written in decimal or hexadecimal)

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Just to add to excellent suggestions by Chris and Carlo (+5 guys), the hexadecimal values is read backwards..

eg..here is the hex value of my tftp server in the registry

e01fa8c0

e0=224

1f=31

a8=168

c0=192

so the ip will be

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

I found this parameter in hex, but how I put the IP of the new CUCM?

Thanks,

You need to convert your ip to hexadecimal...You can use this link to convert hex to dec or dec to hex

http://www.statman.info/conversions/hexadecimal.html

I made the conversion from my new ip 1047286 and the hex is ffaf6, i put on TFTP parameter, but the ip communicator

did not change the address.

That conversion is wrong..can you confirm that your ip address is 10.4.72.86? I will do the conversion for you

the ip address is 10.47.2.86 TFTP1 and 10.47.2.87 TFTP2

Thanks,

tftfp1: 56022f0a

tftp2: 57022f0a

Thanks, after put this,i need to reboot my windows?

Not really..I am running Windows 7 and I didnt need to restart my mahcine. Ensure you exit the IP communicator and start it again, if it doesnt still work, try and restart it

It works only on TFTP 2, on TFTP 1 still the old ip address on IP communicator

Ensure you have entered it correctly...If it works on one, it has to work on the other--or restart the pc

Thanks a lot voice team.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: