Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG310 or VG320 setup in CUCM 8.6.2 su3

Has anyone by chance set one of these up successfully in 8.6.2 in a production environment?  I have a project for a new site on an 8.6.2 cluster and need to have 7 of these.  We do not have that many VG224's and can no longer buy them, but we can get the 310's.

Any help is greatly appreciated and I do know TAC will not support this in production, but we are doing an upgrade in the Fall to 10.5.2 and if I can get by till then I will.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

I just deployed multiple VG350s in an 8.6.2 environment without any issues. I used BVIs (bridged virtual interfaces) and used SCCP as the signaling protocol. It's pretty straight forward but with 8.6.2 you will have to create the analog ports in CUCM manually. In later releases you can use BAT. Below are some useful documents.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/vg224/software/configuration/guide/Cisco_Analog_Gateways_Network_Survivability_Deployment_Options.pdf

HTH

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Yes the 350's are available within the drop down when you go to add a new gateway, but the 310's are not and even with the latest Device Pack would not be either.

Trying to see if anyone has actually deployed them in 8.6.2 defining them as let's say a VG224.

Thanks

Hi Gregory

I'm hitting the same request. Wondering if you had some further feedback on this topic maybe registering VG310 as H323 gateway and building a peering with them

thanks

Marco

shyam2014
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gregory,

Please check the following doc   http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/vg350/software/configuration/guide/vg350_scg/scgapp_platforms_ORIG.html 

We had to get a refurbished VG224 as we will also waiting to upgrade call manager version. I tried to add VG310 as VG224 but the ports on call manager are not matching with ports on gateway.

Hi Gregory,

maybe a bit to late and you allready updatet to 10.5 but you can try to configure the VG310 with SIP dial-peers to the CUCM and use a SIP-Trunk from your CUCM 8.6 to the VG310
It wouldn't be a beautiful solution. H323 would also be possible.

Best regards
Franz