IPv6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Forum Posts

Hello, i have an issue with IPv6 on WLC2504 wlan controller. IPv6 is enabled globally, 1 WLAN which i want to run with IPv6 is connected to a Switch via VLAN666, and a router (C1841) with IPv6 enabled is also connected to VLAN666. When i connect a n...

jilse-iph by Level 1
  • 21 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi ,      Can anyone please expalin the use of /64 when some; IPv6 experts have predicted IPv6 NDP table exhaustion attack with the use of /64 in your access layer.So, is to best to use /120 or keep using /64 with some control plane policing mechanis...

In the coming weeks my LTE carrier (Telstra, AU) is rolling out Dual Stack to data services, of which my C819G has such a SIM card in it. They will be handing out a single /64 for each service, and it is learned via SLAAC on the Cellular interface.  ...

Hi, Our head office in US has a /32 IPv6 address and 4 byte ASN. Our branch office is in Asia.  Can we slice a /48 for the Asia office? Would it create a problem due to different regions? Also can we get a separate ASN for Asia branch office?    What...

S891 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All. Is there the best practice for securing access to ipv6 network on the internet edge routers? Like for ipv4 below and i want make up something like that for ipv6. access-list 100 deny ip 10.0.0.0 0.255.255.255 any access-list 100 deny ip 12...

Hi all! I'm working on a school assignment where I have been instructed to get an enterprise network ready for IPv6. We are working in Packet Tracer, where DHCP-relay is for some reason unavailable. As a workaround I wanted to configure hosts with IP...

Resolved! IPv6 on vlans

I finally figured out how to get IPv6 on my outside and inside interfaces of my router (Cisco 2821) and on the uplink port on my switch (Cisco 3750).  All three IPv6 addresses are pingable from the outside world. The switch and router are connected w...

mchance by Level 1
  • 31 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco 2821 connected OSPF to a Cisco 3750. I configured my outside port  interface GigabitEthernet0/0description OUTSIDEip address dhcpip nat outsideip virtual-reassembly induplex autospeed autoipv6 address dhcpipv6 address autoconfigipv6 en...

mchance by Level 1
  • 18 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello   Any suggestions as to what I might do wrong? I have some switches with multiple L3 VLANs with IPv6 enabled (SLAAC). Everything is working, however, when I look at my IPv6 dhcp bindings, I get A LOT of clients (duplicates). It is essentially c...

jni by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anyone point me to or tell me how the 'lifetime' works in a prefix announced via Router Advertisement? Is the default lifetime 30 days (that's what I seem to keep seeing)? Also, who (which device) tracks this (router or 'host')? What happens when...

mmanthe by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello.NOT running DHCP Relay on the routers Cisco 7301.Dhcp Statefull Server on KEA.  Debug shows: IPv6 DHCP_RELAY: No global or site-local address on. show version System returned to ROM by reload at 04:11:40 MSK Fri Dec 22 2017 System restarted at ...

alex19451 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,So i saw that RDNSS (ipv6 nd ra dns-server seconds) option does exist in Cisco IOS. Since we are using a pair of Nexus 7000 as Core Router. I could not find the same for Nexus-OS. ( RDNSS or the abillity to configure IPv6 DNS Server(s) via RA (RFC...