IPv6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Forum Posts

What would be the best way of enabling an ISP customer that's being given an IPv6 public adress to their CPE to have IPv4 servers accessable from the outside?Some background information:The customer CPE has dual stack on its LAN (customer net) and on...

Hi,Firstable, know that I am a beginner in the IPv6 world..My ISP just gave me an IPv6 block : 2A01:XXXX:1: 100::/56 I have a Cisco ASA running behind my ISP router (see the attached schema)..The internal interface of the ISP router is configured lik...

Kooopobol by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Folks: I have this Cisco 2901 configured with PPPoE and IPv6 and connect it through a CO (DSLAM) to an Actiontec xDSL router. PPPoE connections are on FE0/0/0, through virtual template. The Actiontec router gets NA and PD addresses succesfully and LA...

hyshen by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi ,Am just start to implement ipv6 to my network i want to know how to assign ipv6 to clients ?now am set ipv6 on the router gateway at interface LAN only and then am check on a workstationit can get ipv6 already this solution is correct or not?whic...

hatman by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have some dialup users, but they are not recieving any IPv6 when dialing to the router. IPv4 connection is fine. If I put static IPv6 on windows(win7) dialup connection is working, but it's not reciving IPv6  via IPCPv6 automatically. Here is co...

Hi,This is really embarrasing ... we decided to deploy IPv6 internally, since our internal devices (cat6ks and c3750s) all support dual stack, I enabled IPv6 on all VLANs in cat6k (s222-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF17a.bin) and OSPFv3 along with ...

Hi all,I've just configured an IPv6 address in two interfaces of two different routers connected to the same vlan. The thing is that I can't ping each other and I see this "IPv6 is stalled" message that seems to be the cause of the problem.  I first ...

fgonzal by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I’m using a C3750 on which I would like to modify the IPv6 MTU for a GRE tunnel interface.I’m running a 12.2(46)SE release of IOS and the “ipv6 mtu” command is not available.Is there a way to change this value ?Why I need this change ?I’ve a GRE ...

omartinet by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I've a questiona about IPv6 Global Prefix RA.I have 2 routers (r1 and r2) connected via fastethernet0/0 interface.On the first router i have gone trough the ipv6 set up:1. I have create a ipv6 address: #ipv6 address 2001:aaa:bbbb:cccc::/64 eui-...

Hi everyone,While I research NDP functions both hosts and routers in IPV6 I can`t understand some issues about NDP behavior on nodes. I saw conceptual data structures and caches for host in lots of documents in addition to RFC 4861. My first question...

furkan023 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello.I am completely new in IPv6 and I started reading RFC 4861 for NDP.Can anyone help me understand the purpose of on-link prefixes and off-link prefixes? I believe the routers can advertise networks (using RA) as on-link or off-link. Does this me...

jcarvalh by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there a way I can track the reachability of an IPv6 subnet with enhanced object tracking on Cisco ISR G2 routers (just like on IPv4)?Setup is as follow: We have an active and standby router on which we configure hsrp on the LAN. The hsrp standby p...

hii have usually heard that IPv6 resolved the problem of broadcasthowever today i read that the "neighbor discovery" ICMP message replaced the ARP requestbut this "neighbor discovery" is using the multicast as destination addressand if i m not wrong ...

ohassairi by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone, I can`t understand the process of layer3 to layer2 address resolution in IPv6. In order to make a Layer-2 (eg. Ethernet) delivery, it needs to know the target host's hardware address (eg. "Ethernet MAC address"). But in order to do t...

furkan023 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Top Solution Authors

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card