Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Guys this is my first attempt at setting up IPS and I am obviously missing a trick. No matter what IP address I apply to the sensor I cannot attach.I am expecting to be able to attach to the IPS via the FW inside interface. Thanks in advanceASA ...

I have the following rules on my ASACan someone please confirm below.Inisde incoming -  is this not the same as outside incoming why would you use this? Inisde outgoing - any traffic from inside network to internetoutisde incoming - this is anyone fr...

How does a transparent firewall intercept traffic in order to inspect and filter it?  I'm not clear on the physical makeup of the design.  If I have a vlan with some hosts I want to protect and connect the inside and outside interfaces of an ASA to t...

Back when I was using Microsoft ISA I was able to setup rules that would (permanently) block a host exhibiting certain behaviour. I am trying to achieve the same using a Cisco ASA IPS.We have certain special ports open on IP addresses but the common ...

pdeleanu by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to move my configuration from a Chekcpoint firewall to an ASA 5520 firewall.My problem is related to the rel 8.4(6) NAT features that seems quite different from the Checkpoint format.For example in the Checkpoint firewall I've the followin...

rosarra by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The documentation for Signature 1306 states "This signature will NOT function in promiscuous mode." So if this signature is reported by a device which is running in promiscuous mode, what does that mean? Something is causing it to trigger - so there ...

I have the following configured on an ASA running 9.1(2)object network Webserver Host  10.10.10.1 nat (DMZ,outside) static 208.2.3.4Access-list knock_knock extended permit tcp any object Webserver eq httpAccess-group knock_knock in interface outsideB...

I have a CISCO5520 and telnet suddenly stopped working on my inside interface.I have checked my syslog error and get the following5Oct 15 201311:56:02Resource 'telnet' limit of 5 reached for context 'single_vf'Any idea what this could be?ThanksJames.

Hi,I would like to take a config from a ASA5520 version 8.4(7) and convert it to run on a 5545X version 9.1(1) or higher. Is there a tool I can use to convert the config to match up with the 5545X hardware and software?Any good docs on the procedure ...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card