Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Sir/Maam,I am trying to use the built in feature of Cisco ASA 5510 smart call home feature with the purpose of automatic backup creation by email. I found the configuration which Sir Rama Dharba created and last modified by Sir David White Jr on t...

Hello,After erasing the flash from rommon mode (rommon #4> erase disk0:) and copy a new image via tftp everything is ok, but the ASDM won´t work. Here some information:##############################################Boot image: asa825-41-k8.binASDM ima...

1914aug87 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just did a clean install of CSM 4.4 and during the install I selected my CSMST10 device license.Right after CSM 4.4 was installed I upgraded it to SP1.Then I logged into de Common Services website to enter my supplemental license.But the link to li...

Pivado by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone. I'm having difficulty getting an abnormal port (TCP/8080) forwarded to an internal web server(TCP/80) on a test firewall. I tried using the steps listed in a blog post I found, but haven't been able to actually get to the web server f...

Experts,    I’ve recently installed a pair of 5525X’s in transparent mode to protect some internal segments.  In reading about transparent mode I thought I read that the ASA will “proxy” the connection when going from the Layer 3 side (North) to the ...

Hi Everyone,When  on ASDM  we have  this under   Original Packet  Source  Inside_hosts      Destination  Outside_hostsThen we have Translated Packet  with Source  Inside_hosts_nattedDestination Outside_hosts_nattedSo NAT is bidirectional  and when pa...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone,Need to confirm when i see the NAT   on ASDM  it shows underAction translated  packetSource outside(P)  does P  mean here we are doing dynamic PATWhen we see (S)  in bracket does it mean the we are doing STATIC NAT?When we see (D) in brac...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to forward both TCP and UDP ports 3074 but it looks like I can only have either TCP/3074 or UDP/3074 open one at a time.  When I try to enter the UDP/3074 NAT statement, I get "ERROR: NAT unable to reserve ports"   What can I do to get ar...

Hi Everyone,I added device to CSM.Now under platform when i click on anything say  clock  ,boot image i see blank entries and yellow line on top  saying this ticket  is locked by ticket.ThanksMAhesh

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone,i was able to add the asa to csm 4.3 by  add device from network.ASA  is in productionAfter  https connection was successfull it asked  me to create ticket for that stepi created ticket need to know why this ticket creation is necessary?a...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone,i am trying https conenction between serevr and ASA.%ASA-6-302014: Teardown TCP connection 977425972 for inside :192.168.50.220/52438 to identity:192.168.51.1/443 duration 0:00:00 bytes 0 TCP Reset by appliance%ASA-6-302013: Built inbound...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes