Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

When to use 8.0.5.ED or 8.2.1.ED?

I notice there is a new version of the ASA appliance software, 8.0.5.ED.Is there a reason someone would use that version instead of 8.2.1.ED? We're using two 5540 primarily for terminationg IPSec VPNs on and they are both at 8.2.1.ED,so I'm just curi...

jkeeffe by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Inconsistent Behavior in FWSM Rules

We have had two incidents with firewall rules recently.  First, we had an access rule that was not working.  On a whim, we moved it to the top of the list.  It began working.  We moved it back down to the bottom of the list.  It continued to work.Tod...

brobson by Beginner
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Nat on ASA not working

Hi,In an earlier thread I had opened I was advised to use the following configuration to nat traffic from my vpn clients to the inside network.Here's the config I put in:nat (dmz) 21 172.16.96.0 255.255.255.0global (inside) 21 10.45.64.23The vpn clie...

dan_track by Beginner
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Two exchanges

Dear all,I have two inside exhanges each with different domain, with two IPs in same VLAN and i have one internet line with real IPs pool in same subnet.I publish each exchange with a real IP,also, i publish two inside DOMAIN & DNS servers with 2 dif...

ASA 5580 Failover Using Sub-Interface

Hi All,I have an ASA5580-20 with 2 port of 10Gig. I have configured the A/S failover usiasang suinterface in "interface TenGigabitEthernet7/1" interface. it work fine. but the problem I have is I can't assign any subinterface to any context. is that ...

netsec by Beginner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

PAT/NAT Issue with Cisco PIX 515E

Hi there,I have a PIX that is running 8.0.4 (is this the latest version as I can't find this anywhere on the Cisco website?) and have a problem with a PAT rule and hope someone can help.I  have two external IPs that map to one internal IP and need to...

cisco by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ipsec vpn configuration in ADSL line

my diagram isisp line---adsl router(dynamic ip)--- asa5505----vpntunnel---- asa5520(static ip) i connected from ADSL to asa5505 so adsl local is 192.168.1.0 network and asa 5505 outside also the same networkso i need to configure site to site vpn bet...

zeuscyril by Enthusiast
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers