Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to determine how to configure the 4215 IDS to work in sandwich mode. 1 port connected up outside the firewall and 1 port connected up inside the firewall, and is this the best method to use and is it secure?

Cisco PIX-501 Firewall supports only "Java plug-in 1.3.1_19". I am unable > > to log into the PIX using the latest java updates.> > > > * SOFTWARE VERSION: Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(4),Cisco PIX > > Device Manager Version 3.0(2)

Resolved! PIX Failover

I'm proposing to install two pix firewall in a lan based failover configuration. Each firewall will be physically installed at either end of a DWDM link. I'm dedicating interfaces and vlan's for both the 'failover' and 'stateful' connections on eac...

Dear All,i will be thankful if u can answer this designing question.I have cisco 4506 connected to ASA 5520 with GE port .Now i have different servers connected to the 4506 switch .Now i want to put different servers in different zones.Is it possible...

nomykhan by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When a VPN client attaches to our network (1 specific employees home computer) I always get this message on our PIX. 2005-01-04 07:44:44 Local4.Error 159.87.32.225 Jan 04 2005 07:44:44: %PIX-3-106011: Deny inbound (No xlate) udp src outside:10.252.1....

sjamison by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelpI have been hitting my head against this brick wall called an ASA5510. I was trying to configure it as a straight firewall with a DMZ interface and connecting a DNS server to that. But right now I would be happy with just passing HTTP between int...

I have a PIX 525E with IOS 6.3.We've just recently installed a point-to-point T1 that is terminated with 2 Cisco 2610XM routers with VWIC-1MFT-T1 cards (IOS = 12.2).The two networks at the remote end of the T1 connection can access all resources at t...

I have a site to site VPN over a DSL. My DSL line terminates on an 877 router on the one end and a pix 506 on the other end. I have a site-to-site VPN from an ASA on the other side of the 877 and the 506. I have having problems running certain appl...

davidbuit by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 6 interfaces in mt PIX515 firewall,E0 is connected to the Internet through router.E1 interface is assigned as 10.16.10.1 with 255.255.0.0,connected to a switch,in the same trusted network there is a Domino mail server,whose address is 10.16.10...

Lavanholy by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear sir, in my network iamhaving pix515e now iam changing the pix to asa5520.my pix 515e is already configured that same config iam changing to asa5520 in vpn group iam getting one messiage is given below the 'vpngroup' command has been deprecated, ...

MSN

I have to allow only MSN chat from some of computer.HOw can I do it in PIX firewall? Is there any specific port for only for MSN chat(NOT voice,File transfer etc)

ishwar by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card