Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

I currently have dynamic nat in place for our schools lan, but I have two video conference units in place with public ip's off our catalyst 4503. Can I use static nat to place them behind the pix 501? If so what would the command look like if my publ...

Hi, there Can I put TWO IDSM-2 in a single C6500 Chassis and bunle them together to run in IDS mode, in order to have higher throughtput, and I am reluctant to run IPS mode, thanks.

a12288 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Here's my question. I used to have all of my IPSEC L2L tunnels on the VPN Concentrator. I had the ability there to enable or disable each individual IPSEC L2L tunnel. On my ASA there does not appear to be such a function...at least not on the ASDM as...

pcanters by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Using CTA 4.0.2, ACS SE 4.x, and Windows AD the following occurs:1. When login to WindowsXP using Local Account, then CTA prompts its login. I can then put the AD account. This process works!2. When login to WindowsXP using AD Account, the error ms...

aonibala by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have two ASA5540 in failover configuration; one of them some timecrashes with the error:An internal error occurred. Specifically, a programming assertion wasviolated. Copy the error message exactly as it appears, and get theMessage #96 : output ...

cineca by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a site-to-site VPN between an ASA 5505 and a PIX 501. The tunnel connects to private LANs A and B. Now from LAN A I can ping hosts on LAN B. From ASA on LAN A can ping hosts on LAN A.But I can't ping from ASA on A hosts behind PIX on remote...

Hi,I have 5 public ip address that I would like to port foward port 25 to a single inside ip address. When I try to add more than 1 I get a dulication error.examplestatic (inside,outside) tcp 66.66.66.18 smtp 192.168.10.18 smtp netmask 255.255.255.2...

rywalker by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have run into this a couple of times: I am continuously setting up new pixes for a site-to-site VPN. (All remote sites connect to a PIX 525 at the central site). I'm using network management extensions and a RADIUS server. What happens is the VPN d...

noahsark by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We recently added a number of VPNs (site to site) to our PIX 525. We would like to benchmark both the processor and memory on the PIX to determine any possible impact. Now I know that the PDM can do some limited benchmarking. I'm looking for some sof...

noahsark by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

is this a valid static PATaccess-list permit 100 tcp any host 10.1.1.1static(in,out) tcp 10.1.1.1 80 10.2.2.2 80access-list permit 100 tcp any host 10.1.1.1static(in,out) tcp 10.1.1.1 53 10.2.2.3 53

aksher by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Please excuse my ignorance but I have a problem with a PIX 525 (failover) that I just cannot figure out.The outside interface has an address with a /27 mask. I am using a few statics to NAT inbound connections(for FTP use, etc). And the global I am...