Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

i have a box that sits in my DMZ that i can't get dns resolution from an internal dns server on our internal network, ip 192.168.1.8i am having trouble get the requests through the fire, any help would be appreciatedbelow is my configinterface Gigabi...

dbakula01 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I am preparing for IPs and got confused with the below question. Please advise. Q : A new sensor is generating a great deal of false positive alerts on the web servers. Which two action will help to reduce the amount of the false positives. (choos...

ppathiya by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In 6.X standby IP addressing was not mandatory for the interface configurations. Has this been changed in 7.X? My coworkers encountered problems configuring failover on a public network where we only had a slash 30 address space. Is there any way...

jeffasher by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The signature for syn flood DOS (6009) has two values that I can see will alter the signature threshold.event-counter ----------------------------------------------- event-count: 2600 default: 200 event-count-key: AxBx <defaulted...

I have a weird situation that I could use some help with.I have a customer that is using an RFC 1918 range internally. One the remote end of an IPSEC VPN a vendor is using in part some of the same block. I need to be able to NAT two system to new add...

enforcers by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there a way to move a 3des license file from one pix to another? We just installed updated pix at one of our locations, but it did not have the ability to use 3des. I am wondering sense we purchased this 3des license for the older pix if I can som...

dvanzee by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have some VPN 3000 concentrators in our network. We use "cacti", a variant of the MRTG tool to graph various things. Amongst them, we also graph circuit utilization of our Internet bandwidth.My routers and PIXs work fine in this regard. However, I...

pkapoor by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We currently have a PIX 506e setup as our firewall. We have connectivity and everything is great except one thing. Basically we have a web server that has an internal ip address that we can access from the Intranet and an external ip address that w...

I am currently running 2851 routers at my remote sites, with the IPS monitoring inbound and outbound traffic. When a user at my remote site tries to access certain links on our webpage (Works fine with IPS turned off) the page times out. If I conti...

jbanker by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiWhen I run the "Startup/Running Out of sync" report, all my device are out of sync. I went in my router in CLI and I found that some lines of my code are not written the same way in my running-config that in my startup-config. This is why VMS det...

Hi all,Last weekend we ran into an ACL problem on a PIX 501 (running OS 6.3(4)). A colleague of mine needed to add a rule to the ACL applied to the outside interface. He isn't used to handling a PIX, so he did what he normally does on a Cisco device,...

khuysmans by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm very new to cisco equipment and was hoping someone could help me with this issue I have. I am trying to set up a VPN from a cisco 837 router that I have to another company, which I think is using a PIX. After some tweaking I managed to set the...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card