Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Good Morning, I have got a problem with PIX506E: I can't restore it to a normal boot, the device shows only this output in console mode:CISCO SYSTEMS PIX FIREWALLEmbedded BIOS Version 4.3.207 01/02/02 16:12:22.73Compiled by morlee32 MB RAMPCI Device ...

We have the MARS box on our network and we are pushing both syslog and SNMP from our Cisco routers and switches to it. The other day an incident was triggered on a router and the raw message was that a fan failed on the router. How do I create an ema...

jwalzer by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have Cisco 501 PIX and a network of 20 PCs, with T1 access to internet, with static IP address inside the network.I want to limit certain computers to be able to access only specific internet sites, and allow a other PCs unlimited www access.Exampl...

wcotis60 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,Is ASA 5500 series the same as a PIX 515 or 525 or 535 with version 7.0 ... i still see some places where it confuses between PIX version 7.0 and ASA 5500 series... If not, what are the advantages of ASA 5500 over PIX version 7.0 ???

When I tested PIX rate limiting with ver.7, it's doesn't work. I have two pc. one in the outside, another in the inside. when i try to control ftp service from inside pc to outside server. it's doesn't work. who can share your experience for me. atta...

ryan-wang by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I can't figure how to get the "trusted networks" to stop alerting alarms. Two signatures are CISCO IOS Interface DOS and Invalid IGMP Header DOS. which broadcast multicast 224.0.0.x all day on the wire from their VLAN interfaces. I have tried configu...

Hello,We are receiving following notifications verey frequently,coming from a catalyst2950 en cisco3550 switch.InCharge Domain : DFM Active: Switch TRUE 10.134.94.7 OperationalException -This system or the components of this system are not functionin...

Hello,I have my VMS setup to download IDS sigs automatically and then I have scrpit that runs automatically to unzip newly downloaded sigs and it dumps them to a dir. My 4215 sensor is also setup to do automatic sig updates. It FTPs to my 2000 serve...

bahoosh by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there any documentation on how to configure IPS on ASA. There is a basic enabling IPS modules in "Installing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System Appliances and Modules 5.0" guide. There is no mention on signature enabling, logging and tuning etc.....

Hi,We have 20 routers and switches of different models and we want to log or audit all the changes made to these devices.Can someone please tell me whats the best way to log everything from these devices including telent, config chagnes ....etc. Tha...

We have a PIX 515E running 6.3(3).The internet connection goes down about once every 24 hours. Reloading the PIX restores the connection every time. I've tried the following:turning off fixup protocol dnssetting fixup protocol dns to 1024entering n...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card