Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Enabling our customers to leverage their install base and take them to the next level with Cisco Secure Firewall Threat Defense has always been a key priority.  The migration tool is available for download to migrate the configuration on the on-premi...

gopaks by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 4 Helpful votes

I have a lab PIX with 6.3(3) on it and I tried to setup a logical interface with the following:"interface ethernet2 10 logical"This fails to create a logical interface, do I have to create a vlan somehow first?PIX is 515 (Not the E type) and has a re...

mallenson by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI just noticed a problem with our L2L connection.The setup is.:Host VPN Concentrator 3005 Version 3.6.7Remote site Cisco 838 shdsl router running IOS 12.3Problem.:The Lan to Lan is up and running if a user, at the remote site connect his pc and ...

hca4 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am deploying CW2K to a network. The network includes some Cisco workgroup switches those were installed without being configured with any IP address. Is there a away to use CW2K to have an inventory of all devices in the network including those swi...

yamaan by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Were experiencing a problem with print-traffic trough our PIX.After sniffing we noticed that the print-traffic actually consist of not a normal tcp-3 way handshake but a "syn synack pshack" conversation, which is not allowed by the pix. After talk...

I have a PIX506E with the default memory configuration of 32MB DRAM.I have noticed the memory module on the system board, and there is a spare slot for additional memory next to it.I have seen used PIX's out there with configurations of memory upto 2...

Hi,I have 2 PIXies with configured failover.Yesterday I switch off and then switch on Secondary PIX.But when I doing telnet to Primary or Sercondary PIX and put "show ver" to get Up Time I see still the same time, 270 days in my case. But Secondary w...

I would like to come back over a problem I have already post regarding applications failure over vpn tunnel. In fact We have made some investigations and the problem seems to be « located ».What happens is :- The VPDN authentification with AAA server...

Mark3000 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Greetings!I have reduced the command privilege as follows:"privilege exec level 1 show startup-config"Now any user with level 1 access can see the startup configuration, but with that he is also able see the snmp community strings in clear text.Enabl...

abahl by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i have made this config from the cisco website. will this config work for me, so that my exchange smtp traffic comes and goes thru this pix.nameif ethernet0 outside security0nameif ethernet1 inside security100nameif ethernet2 dmz security50enable pas...

shoebwk by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am setting up a DMVPN with two spokes. The hub is a 1760 witch is located behind a pix 515. What ports have to be opened on the pix to allow communication from one spoke to the other?Thanks in advance!

Pnun by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I've configured a VPN from outside and it works fine. The problem I have is about the access to internet.The address pool to the VPN connection is not within the inside range. And I don't know which gateway I have to configure the VPN clients i...

ccrespoh by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Upon successfully connecting to Concentrator 3000, I realised, on the Ethernet adapter, that my ISP DNS entries were replaced and new WINS entries were added according to my DHCP server options 006 (DNS Servers) and 044 (WINS/NBNS Servers) respective...

sktanvisa by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes