Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Enabling our customers to leverage their install base and take them to the next level with Cisco Secure Firewall Threat Defense has always been a key priority.  The migration tool is available for download to migrate the configuration on the on-premi...

gopaks by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 4 Helpful votes

Hello everybody, i need help here, i'm quite new in PIX configuration.Can PIX allow connection from inside to outside to an OracleServer. My costumer just need to buy an firewall to protect oracle server.i have already configured the PIX (without NAT...

inghau by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have a PIX running 6.2 and the connections don't timeout anymore. There are connections that are 180 and 190 hours old. Connections are UDP (DNS and non DNS) and TCP.Probably there is a bug for this and I didn't see it.Anyone saw that before or...

oazzabi by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am having a PIX515 model with inside and outside interface and 6.0version in it.I inside interface is having problem.can i have the same functionality of the pix if inside port is disabled and with other interfaces working. how should i configure t...

I have to present a case to my boss why we should use PIX over Checkpoint or Netscreen.Does anybody know where I can find a detailed comparison outlining Cisco's advantages over the other competitor's firewalls?Thanks in advance.

mtobkes by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

can pix do this?1.NAT PROBLEMfor instance,pix's public address is 218.242.2.1,its private ip address is 192.168.0.1/24,there is a server whose ip address is 192.168.0.100,if someone in internet want to access tcp ports from 2000 to 5000 of 218.242.2....

jeff.lee by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey all, I have a PIX 525 that crashed on me twice today, running 6.3(3). In both cases the crashinfo file generated is corrupt. Is there any way to retrieve the partial file from flash to have a look at it?The file definately does exist, but I can't...

dro by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've installed a PIX 515E DMZ with PIX OS 6.3 at a customer's site. I've enabled RADIUS authentication for access via the internal interface to the outside interface (Internet), this is done via Microsoft Active directory and IAS (Microsoft's own RAD...

kevin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,i have two pix 535 configured for failover. whenever i try to connect console to the standby pix, i get the message "aaa server host machine not responding". I don't have this problem when connecting to the active pix. any ideas?thanks all

bbrown23 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does the PIX support simple digital signatures? I would like to find a away for an IAS server and a PIX to exchange signed packets. In particular I am trying to increase the security of the initial PAP shared key exchange during user authentication....

willemve by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card