Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

I recently started a position where the previous network admin shredded a great deal of network information. I have been told that the previous admin had the network locked down too tight. To make a long an interesting story short I have a Cisco 506 ...

Laslo by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have just updated to VMS 2.2 and IDSMC 1.2 on Windows 2k SP3 and want to install all three latest patches available. When I go to install the patches I get the follwing warning message:This Point Patch is not intended for this version of ids...

pfligman by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I am trying to sniff a session between a server on an "inside" segement and a server on a "DMZ" segment. The server on the inside is being NAT translated to the same address on the DMZ like so:static (inside,DMZ) 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.1 netmask 2...

ggombas by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm new with the PIX and don't know how to block ports. I'm using the CLI and need to block certain ports to avoid the mess with the blaster worm.Can anyone tell me what to type in after I do the config t that will block these ports?Thanks.

danderson by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I do wonder if this is the right behaviour of the router. If I reload my Cisco 3620 IOS VPN Server, both CA and router's itself certificates are gone. Need to do the procedure (crypto ca authenticate ..., crypto ca enroll ...) to get the certificates...

jlacis by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Just a quick question. I'm running a pix 506 with software version 6.3. I was asked to look into configuring the IDS part of the firewall. Is there any white papers explaning how to configure it properly? I have experience with cisco's firewalls b...

sysadmin by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I want to do the tunnelling in GRE or IPIP mode on the router behind the firewall. Then I do static NAT on the router for the tunnel source. I have opened ip any any and GRE for that static IP but somehow, I got error messages such as no xlate...

Is there anyone who worked with the Policy NAT on PIX 6.3 (2) ?I have a scenario where a central PIX vpn a remote site PIX .I want to translate Remote site inside private addresses because theyconflict with another remote site.So i want the Remote ...

mcaissie by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear AllI got a problem with my PIX 525, when i upgraded the IOS from 6.1 to 6.3 .The problem is that the Gateway router failed to catch the mac-address (of the PIX) of some machines behind the firewall although the firewall see these machines, i don...

Need some guidance on how best to configure the following scenario;Establishing VPN tunnel between my company and a business partner. They have one network on their side 192.168.53.x and we have many on our side, but none are in conflict with this a...

slleb by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card