Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Free

Labels

Forum Posts

I have been tasked with setting up a failover pair of LocalDirector 416s behind a failover pair of PIX 515Es. running ver 6.1(4)Has anyone out there configured this or similar before? I'm thinking that the NAT should stay on the load balancers and th...

rvf500 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We recently added a new network segment and are having problems NAT'ing the new segment on our PIX 525. When I view xlate I can tell that the new IP's are not translating. I've cleared the xlate and even changed the PIX config from allowing specifi...

I am thinking about implementing a PIX 515 firewall for the first time and have questions about the Restricted vs. Unrestricted license. In reading rhe tech notes it appears I am limited only to the number of interfaces, the amount of RAM , and fail...

What is the advantage of using PIX or NG or Nokia.Could you tell differences between each oneI need to recommend to the customer .Which one is the best one.I need your comments or opinion on these?Thanks

cavinca by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,we want to monitor periodically the memory utilization of our PIX firewalls. I did not find any recommendation what amount of free memory in percentage should be the threshold to look for. In the TAC documentation it is mentioned that the free mem...

r.sharafi by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We currently have a /30 external subnet to the internet (2 IP address in reality, 1 on outside of PIX, 1 on perimeter router). We want to allow 4 inside machines outbound using a variety of protocols and SMTP traffic inbound to the mail server. One o...

g.leonard by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

A mutlicast server and a PIM router located at PIX outside interface. The client is protected by the PIX at inside interface. Client cannot connect receive the stream from the server. However, if the client locate at the outside interface, it can rec...

v.chow by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, i m trying to initiate a Telnet session from a Pix Firewall console running 6.3.1 software to a remote device but the firewall IOS did not recognize the command Telnet even if type only the ip address of the remote device without the com...

teltac by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes