Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

From the network management interface on a 15454 is there any way to get into the customer's network, e.g. telnet etc., through a DS1, DS3, or Ethernet port connected to the customer's network? Is there a Cisco document that says if it is or is no...

antuxen by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all:can anyone tell me if the cisco have the PSTN transmission network devices or not?now i want to know the PSTN structure details,could you give me a usful link?,can anybody give me a conplete toplogy of the ISP.thanks in advance.

wzk007 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I'm trying to determine the number of cross-connect adapters that can fit into a single cross-connect drawer. Cannot find any detailed information on the web site that displays this. I found a good link that shows an illustration of the adapt...

wgardner by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Coming off of the ONS 15454 to a 7206 with a channelized ds3 card (PA-MC-T3), does the ONS card have to be a DS3XM card or can I use a standard DS3 card? I need the channelization to split off the T1's. If you need more info or if I didn't explain it...

sdross by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've been told by one sneaky CCIE that instead of configuring each network of the router to run OSPF there is one command "network x.x.x.x 255.255.255.255 area 0" to activate it on all interfaces. What should I enter instead of x.x.x.x?Thanks.

jyuffa by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hellocan anybody tell me the significance of the each module(LM/HFM/BM/TM/CMX/CMY/DM) in the passive optical shelf of ONS15252MCU?? it has been cautioned to use either BM or TM!! but not both! why that?ramki

I m looking for ONS software download from the software center. I m looking for 4.0 and 3.3 images. and I also see two images each 25 megs in size, one with a SDH in the image name, and one without an SDH. I want to know which one to download, and al...