Helpful
Replies

CCM 5.01!!

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

Widnows verison CCM 5.01

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/5_0/index.htm

I guess the major change is to support to SIP protocal.

Still have no paging system feature.

Any good to upgrade from 4.1 to 5.0??

Ken

30 Replies 30

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Ken,

CM 5.0 is only linux based. SIP is big in CM 5.0. and its an appliance based box. I dont think paging is roadmapped yet. I would say that you run 4.1 for now, until 5.0 gets stable. I am sure after a few months Cisco will have bug fixes and patches in a new release 5.0(x) (x=1,2,3 etc).

Meanwhile your next upgrade path, if you want to stay in windows, may be to 4.2 to get some of the new features that have been added in CM 4.2 (still windows based).

Sankar.

PS: please remember to rate replies!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

mamoss
Level 3
Level 3

As Sanker states, CCM 5.0 is currently only appliance based on Linux. You can't obtain S/W and upgrade a 4.1/4.2 system today.

CCM 5.0 has some significant changes/additions in the SIP, AD, CAC/RSVP, Licensing, Patching facilities amongst many other changes. I've had the opportunity to tinker with a V5 system and it really is a different approach with a new front end GUI also.

It will be at a later date when V4.2/V5.0 come together in a new major release after which it should be possible to upgrade a Windows system.

I'm sure for now many existing installations will take a cautious approach and await the bugs/stability issues to be identified.

Realistically you should be looking at getting an appliance in the lab for familiarisation or only consider it for new installations...just my thoughts.

Hi guys,

thanks your info.

Ken

CCM 5.0 will also support win2k3.

You are sure?

Following documnet consider different view:

"Cisco Unified CallManager provides a choice of operating system, either a Windows-based server (release 4.x) or the appliance model (release 5.0) The feature enhancements listed in this section are available only on the appliance model at this time."

Quotation from http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_data_sheet0900aecd8042403e.html

CCM5.0(X) is available only on appliance model.

Mark,

It is possible to upgrade from CCM 4.1 to 5.0.

As per the Upgrade guide "Cisco CallManager 5.0(1) uses a different installation framework than previous releases. The installation process allows you to perform a basic installation, upgrade from Cisco CallManager 4.x to Cisco CallManager 5.0, and upgrade to a newer service release during the installation"

Check this link for more details

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/5_0/install/upgrade/upgrd501.htm#wp44990

Thanks,

Anup

mohamedtag
Level 1
Level 1

Talking about the Appliance version , Some Experts stated that it will be in a form of a pre-Installed Server. In other words are the Technical Engineers that will deal with the Appliance Version will need deep knowledge with Linux OS. ?

Regards

M.Tag

I have been told from cisco that engineers dont need any Linux OS at all....

Everything is web base.

Ken

Ken is correct.

There is no need to know Linux at all.

You will configure CM completely using a web interface on any PC.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

From Cisco Parter publication:

"Appliance Model implementation for call processing; ships with operating system and Cisco Unified CallManager application software

pre-loaded on MCS platform and optionally available as a DVD kit for customer-provided servers"

Q. Will Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0 be available in a Windows-based appliance model?

A. Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0 is available only in a Linux-based appliance model implementation at this time. Cisco Unified CallManager 4.x

remains available as a Microsoft Windows-based server implementation.

Q. How much do Cisco partners or customers need to know about Linux?

A. Cisco Unified CallManager has deployed the Linux operating system in an appliance model implementation. The Cisco Unified CallManager

application is loaded along with the operating system on a dedicated server. There is no need for partners or customers to know Linux in order to

install or operate Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0.

Chris

CM5.0 is Linux-based

CM5.1 is the same version as 5.0 only for Windows.

I heard about CM5.1 is windows verison.

I also heard about CM4.2 have same feature as CM5.0 linux-based.

If go Linx-based, there is no way to manupliate database. Not like windows SQL.

I guess we will see what Cisco approach.

Ken

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: