cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No automatic second incoming call selection?

ldemanet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

When a first incoming call rings and I take it, I can transfer it to another extension.

However when a second call arrives before the 1rst call is transfered, the phone highlight this new call automatically and the only available option is to answer the new call. I know I can go back to the first one with the upper arrow, but when several incoming calls arrive at the same time, this is not handy.

I'd like to have the phone keeping the first call selected, even though others are arriving.

Is this something feasibile?

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

mcnerney
Level 4
Level 4

When I have one call active and a second call comes in I have an "answer" softkey displayed. This gives me the option to either answer the second call or not. I think this is what your asking about. You might check your softkey layout for the specific softkey template you are using. You want to make sure in "Ring In" that the Answer Softkey has been inserted in the Selected Softkeys box. Hope that helps.

Maybe I was not clear in my first post.

Indeed I have the "answer" softkey displaying when the second call comes in and that is actually my problem: I would like to keep the softkeys options related to the 1rst call, even if there are other calls coming in.

When the second call comes in, I cannot directly transfer the first one to another extension: I first have to press the up arrow to reselect the first call, then press forward. And if in the meantime, a 3rd call comes in, I must do it again.

It's actually an operator's phone and she often gets 2-3 calls coming in at the same time.

Thanks.

Hi

I have a customer with the same request. Did you find a way to change this?

Unfortunately not... and this is pretty annoying for the reception. A workaround would be to use Attendant Console queuing in order for the receptionist to get one call at a time.

I don't have an answer but perhaps an alternative? Why not use attendant console and drag&drop the call you're on to transfer? You'll even see if the person you're transferring to is on the phone or has a call ringing in already. Just a thought...

For someone answering that many calls, you need to turn off call waiting on all lines. Get them a 6-button phone and have each line forward to the next and then next. Let them manage 1 call per button. That will make things MUCH easier.