Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Forum Posts

Is there a way to filter streaming video/audio or at least limit the amount of band width used by such programs? We have an internet T1 coming through a 2610 router then to a Pix 525. We want to be able to control the streaming sites. Some of these s...

mhiers by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just got a CSID4230 from Cisco on an RMA and the sensor is at version 2.2.5.1. Anyone know of a quick way to upgrade this sensor to at least 3.0. I have the 3.0 Sensor Upgrade CD but from what I can see on the Cisco web site, I can't use this CD ...

8rpalmer by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In a network I have a router connected to a T1 interface, next I have my firewall. Is the prefered method to do the natting on the router and use the NAT 0 statement on the firewall or do I do the natting on the firewall ( PIX )?I know this is pretty...

flugel_1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We run an app that opens telnet sessions on devices that reside on the otherside of our pix to read data from them. The telnet sessions may be idle for extended periods of time (8 to 10 hours). I'm having problems with these telnet sessions being t...

tgalek by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'd like my Cisco IDS to alarm on traffic from any of these spyware products:http://www.spy-software-online.com/index.htmlCan Cisco IDS do this?I consider them trojans and espionage aids. I've contacted Symantec. They won't consider them virus troj...

dmorone by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

1. Is it my imagination that any informational alerts (green) that I use to receive in CSPM has disappeared since the install of 3.1(2) S24. All alerts I’m getting now are either yellow or red.2. I'm sure there are many Klez worms going in and out of...

chrisv by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

New to the Cisco PIX product range.Please can somebody provide me with a list of supported Network Interface Modules for the PIX.Current config = 1 TokenRing Module (Olicom) + 1 Fast Ethernet Module (Intel)I need another Fast Ethernet Card. These car...

sswali by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If I define a rule in CSPM to allow passive FTP it creates a rule allowing port 21 and ports 49152 -> 65535. Does anyone know if it possible to change the range of high ports? Even though I can create new services (e.g. MYFTPPassive with a range 10...

alewis by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes