Server Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer

Forum Posts

Hi All,In the event that my entire data centre were to shut-down, is it recommended that the VLANs for AD, vCentre, vCentre DB be configured as System VLANs so that when everything powers up the VEM modules can actually communicate with these systems...

Hello,A few months ago I had a kernel panic in Nexus 5596 switch running 5.1(3)N1(1).The stack-trace ponted to cdpd process.I found that I hit a know bug (CSCtx91413) that was in "open" staus for a long time.This bug is now superceded by CSCtz13307 w...

udid by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Customer just purchased a Dell R720 with Intel 10 Gig X540-AT2 and now is looking to connect it to his Nexus 7K.Is there an SFP+ that is supported that will connect over Cat6 between the 7K and this new server?I did not see anything out side of the c...

Hi Everyone,wondering if anybody implemented 1000v switch in the topology that it is connected directly to the Nexus 7K cores, with no ToR switches.I just want to make my ESXi nodes be connected to a couple of 7Ks with no ToR switch in between, and t...

Ruterford by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am recieivin a log message that I am using more that the installed ammount of licenses.%LICMGR-2-LOG_LIC_USAGE: Feature NEXUS1000V_LAN_SERVICES_PKG is using 26 licenses, only 22 licenses are installed. Please make sure enough licenses are installed...

Cisco Community,I have question about the Nexus 5596 with the Layer 3 daughter card. Looking at the specs of the 5596UP:Cisco Nexus 5596UP and 5596T: Layer 2 hardware forwarding at 1920 Gbps or 1428 mpps; Layer 3 performance of up to 160 Gbps or 240 ...

RyanL841 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Friends,I have a quick question. I have 1000V install. I have Host and VMs move over to 1000V. Is there a way to check if the 1000V is being utilized or vSwitch0. Is it possible to remove vSwitch0 since I am using 1000V? Please advise.Thank you...

Hi,I would very happy if someone can help me.I am trying to install cisco 1000v on 5 X Esxi.I was able to install the VSM and the VEM on each of the ESXi but I wasn't able to connect between themEvery time I am trying to add host to my nexus switch I...

arikgelman by Level 4
  • 32 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes