cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New CSPC, won't upgrade

jwood.ok
Level 1
Level 1

I have a newly built CSPC that is 2.10.0.2.  I tied in my credentials to be able to check for updates, and it finds 2.10.0.6; however, clicking the Upgrade Now OR the schedule button appear to both not do a thing.

I was wondering if there was a way to manually update, but that posed another issue - the credentials I set up for the web interface do not seem to work on the cli interface.  I do not recall it asking for multiple credentials, so I'm not sure how to get into the cli.  So that's my second issue.

My third issue is - how in the world do you correctly shut down the CSPC?  I have it running as a VM and wanted to shut it down or restart it, and I've been through the menus and cannot find any options to shut down.

21 Replies 21

amankha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Good day to you! I have acknowledged this post. could you please share the following details over the personal message-

CCO ID-

CONTRACT NO-

SERIAL NO-

COMPANY NAME-

PARTY ID-

Thanks & regards,
Aman Khan

HoumerSimpsouns
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same update issue, in our case it is a net new install of 2.10.0.1 (because our functional 2.9.0.2 prompts us to upgrade to 2.9.0.15 but fails to do so) . Neither the "Upgrade Now"  or scheduled upgrade buttons do anything... Fun times.

Hello,

Good day to you! I have acknowledged this post. could you please share the following details over the personal message-

CCO ID-

CONTRACT NO-

Customer Email Address -

COMPANY NAME-

Thanks & regards,

Kapil Taneja

I've already responded to one of your colleagues on this with no resolution.

Hi kaptanej, PM replied with info asked for, looking forward to your reply, thanks a lot.

Scott Snyder
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue...   new install of 2.10.0.1, trying to click on the "Upgrade Now" button, located on the "Software Updates" tab.   shows I need to upgrade to 2.10.0.6.   When I click on "Upgrade Now" button nothing happens.

This is the error I get...

• Any help would be greatly appreciated...   
  • CCO ID-ssnyder11
  • CONTRACT NO- CSP0009066569     (I think this is what you are asking for...   )
  • Customer Email Address - scott.snyder@gdit.com
  • COMPANY NAME- General Dynamics IT

Any help would be appreciated...

Hi,

The subjected post has been acknowledged by us.

We will look into the details and get back to you with an update soon.

Best Regards,

Tahereem Sayyed

Hi Scott,

Hope you are well!

Kindly check your private message (PM).

Best Regards,

Tahereem Sayyed

jwood.ok
Level 1
Level 1

FYI I've resolved this issue as I was 1) given instructions to reset cli credentials and 2) told how to manually update/patch via the CLI.

Good to hear jwood.ok, I assumed there is a CLI method, I have not received a reply to two private messages to cisco - any chance you can share what was given to you? 

amankha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi jwood.ok

Thank you for the update.  

Regards
Aman khan 

sebastian.dietz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same issue and get the failure "Either your Password is expired or Authentication failed. Please re-enable the server connection from Server Connection Setup Page.".

I re-enabled the server connection many times but I still get the messages above.

What can I do to upgrade the CSPC?

Thank you.

Hi Sebastian,

We can understand your concern.

If you are trying to upgrade the CSPC via GUI, sometimes we encounter such an error if there is an intermittent issue with the internet or server connection. You can share the error message to my Private Message (PM).

You can opt manual upgrade via CLI if you have the CLI credentials. Kindly confirm if you have the CLI credentials so that we can share the steps to upgrade the CSPC via CLI.

Thanks and Regards,

Madhusha R

jasongerdes
Level 1
Level 1

I also have the same issue.  Have access to Web GUI admin account, bit CLI admin account is expires.  Also getting the error:

"Either your Password is expired or Authentication Failed. Please re-enable the server connection from Server Connection Setup page."