cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SmartNet portal showing valid contract but devices under contract showing expired

usuee
Level 1
Level 1

Our contract was just renewed and under the contracts management site it shows the new expiring date of 6/30/21.  When I looked up a switch that is covered by that contract I found it under the expired.  

How long does it take for SmartNet to update a new contract?  This comes about because I needed to open a case on a switch, but was not getting anywhere.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I believe you may have multiple collectors, each with their own inventory, correct? Could you submit a new collection+upload so we can see if the inventory with the outdated contract statuses syncs up correctly now? The previous upload was fairly close to the contract renewal dates and this will help us determine if it is a sync issue or something else.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Justin Sprake
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
In most cases the underlying system should receive updates every 24 hours, however, your SNTC portal will not dynamically refresh this data to reflect these types of changes automatically. I would expect that a new upload would trigger the processing of contract data for the given devices.

It has now been a few more weeks and my SmartNet still shows that the contract is overdue.  I have uploaded new collections a few times and it has not changed.  What else can I do to try to get the contract to update?

I believe you may have multiple collectors, each with their own inventory, correct? Could you submit a new collection+upload so we can see if the inventory with the outdated contract statuses syncs up correctly now? The previous upload was fairly close to the contract renewal dates and this will help us determine if it is a sync issue or something else.

Thanks,

Justin;

Looks like you are correct.  I did a collection yesterday and the contract now shows active.  

I do have two collectors.  One is in a high security zone and can't get it uploaded now for access reasons.  I believe once I get that uploaded, this will clear up.

Thanks for your help.