Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

Can someone help with this?VSANS are like VLANs in that they isolate ports in the MDS switch fabric so that only the ports in the VSAN can communicate with other ports in the same VSAN?What else does the VSAN do?Zones are logical connections in the V...

I have and FCIP link to a remote site.A 9509 on the HQ side and a 9216 on the DR side. I have a DS3 pipe and the fcip profile is configured for:fcip profile 1 ip address 10.1.1.1 tcp max-bandwidth-mbps 1000 min-available-bandwidth-mbps 30 round-...

Hi,I have a question about iSCSI & HBAs...1) an HBA is a nic that uses its own processing power and doesn't use the PC processing power? 2) not sure whether iSCSI uses an HBA or regular nic, can it be used with or without an HBA?Thanks!LisaG

lgontars by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a VSAN2 that consists of Tape libraries and their media servers sitting on one switch Fabric A. But we are splitting the VSAN2 onto two switches with logging into the same VSAN2 on Fabric B. But at the time of migration when we moved the tape...

KarFrmEmc by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2 mds 9124 that are working fine with the device manager, but for some reason, i guess security i cant connect with fabric manager, what lines do i need to add the configuration in order to use the fabric manager?Thanks for all answers

roneng by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have four MDS switches here and one of them keeps asking for "Switch CLI Credentials" when I run "Show Tech Support" from Device Manager. The other three work fine. When I put the correct username & password it still comes back with the same error...

user_4444 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am running Fabric Manager 3.1(2) to manage a pair of MDS 9509s. Every time I start the application, it discovers the fabric and gives it a new name with the next highest number than it used the last time. e.g., if it was called Fabric 2 last time...

ed.loch by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes