Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hi all,just a quick one, i tried to issue a 'clear counter et1/x' on our nexus 5k switch but got an error saying it's part of a port-channel.tried to clear it using port-channel interface but can't. my question is, how do you issue a clear counter in...

After configuring aaa and tacacs configurations on a switch, it now asks for a username and password if even I did not configure a username and password.  Please see aaa configurations below. aaa authentication login default group tacacs+ localaaa au...

Hi, Existing my company having a Cisco ISR3925 but i have no access on to the router due to the previous administrator do not left any login credential. I am thinking to get another loan unit and take out the compact flash from the existing 3925 and ...

I just got handed taking care of our switch's at work and have some questions, i have not worked with switch's that much but i know a little.i have a 2960 with 3 vlans 1 vlan for the ports 1 for the trunks and 1 for management with an ip. the switch ...

Just_here by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

if switch is going to core as fiber from one uplink and copper from another uplink then this design will work or not?is it proper practice to do that

knaik99 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Bouncing a switch

What does it mean to "bounce" a switch or that the switch "bounced"?  When I first heard this used I thought it meant shutting an interface down and then turning it on again,  to clear a port-security violation and re-enable the port.  But then I saw...

Waterbird by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a problem that I need to set my max MTU size below 1500 to accommodate downstream equipment.  Is there anyway to do it on the 2960X?  It's frustrating that this switch does not support interface MTU sizes but only system.  Even more frustratin...

Bob_G by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Folks, I have 2 routers and 2 Laptops. An 1841 and 887 Cisco Router. As per the attached diagram, I have the following config: Config (887) - 192.168.0.0/24:Router(config): vlan 10Router(vlan 10): inter vlan 10Router(vlan-if): ip address 192.168.0...

It looks like the Catalyst 9300 supports WCCP v2 to some extent since there is a CLI command reference to it, but nothing in the configuration guides.   My question(s) are (assuming the Cat9300 does support WCCP v2):   1 - Are there any limitations o...

sld by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

revious we were taught to switch when we can and route when we have to. Now a days I understand with fast L3 switches we can route on the fly.   So in my small LAN of (9) 3850's with a 3850-24XS as the core router I want to abandon L2 VLANS and put m...

sw43 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, i have migrated the configuration from C3750 to cat9300 and i want to configure below configuration under the interface " power inline consumption  8000" but this command not supported , what is the equivalent command on Cat9300. Thanks 

Steev112 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes