cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

MAC Bypass and VOIP Phones

I am testing out mac bypass and I am running into a problem with Cisco IP phones not authenticating during boot up. If I plug my pc into the port on the phone my PC shows up in my authentication server and passes authentication just fine. If I unplug...

CANMORMON by Beginner
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Untagged traffic origination

When a trunk is created, there is an concurrent Native VLAN designated, whose function is to pass "untagged traffic" along that same trunk. Untagged traffic passes on the Native VLAN. Got it. From where does "untagged" traffic originate, and what is ...

nuggetinu by Beginner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

RMON VS STP

I have 2 switches, a  WS-C2960-24TC-L and a WS-C3750X-12S-S. These switches are connected to each other using 2 fiber connections. STP is not running on these switches and both interfaces, on both switches, are Up/Up. Basic LAN rules should apply and...

dfkosek by Beginner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

4500X Fast Hello configuration

Hi, I'll be configuring vsl link between two 4500 X switch, the distance between the two of them is around 350 meters, so, can i use the SFP-10G-SR to configure the fast hello   Thanks in advance,

MKERKACHE by Beginner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Trunking

i have a trunk line between 2 switches.on one side of the switch i do the below configuration   ( switch-1) # int fa 0/0   #switchport trunk encap dot1q #switchport mode dynamic desirable  #end   on the other end ( switch-2)  # int fa 0/0 #switchport...

jonk34567 by Enthusiast
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Dynamic ARP inspection

Hello, regarding the feature DAI dynamic ARP inspection (part of DHCP snooping). Will this feature drop traffic that does not a DHCP snooping binding database table entry ? For instance if you have a statically configured computer that has not genera...

Resolved! CCNA HOME LAB FOR ALL CATEGORIES 2018

Hello,I'd like to know if this home lab setup would suffice for all of the CCNA sections, ie, routing/switcing, security, wifi, and voice for 2018. Your input would be greatly appreciated.Switches:Cisco Catalyst WS-C3750 Cisco Catalyst 3550 Cisco WS-...