Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We are locked out of one of our CBS220 48-port switches.  We've done a factory reset, which "works" - but the first-time login obviously demands setting a new non-default password, which then fails to allow access.  We've been through this loop a few...

Hello How can i configure the filename on an dhcp server what filename the router should look at the tftp server? The dhcp option 66 only sends the ip of the tftp sever so the router looks at  %Error opening tftp://192.168.1.30/router-confg (No such ...

Hello,We recently had one of our ASR1001 router getting reoladed automatically. The show version command output shows the last reload reason as LocalSoft.Uptime for this control processor is 2 hours, 31 minutesSystem returned to ROM by reload at 10:1...

wipronitin by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HI, I am using a Cisco Catalyst Switch 3650; it is not working properly after a power failure. Whenever it loses power and the power comes back, we have to manually power cycle the switch. I checked the "show boot" andthe manual boot is "no". Let me ...

SG300-28:I'm trying to setup a LAG for four ports from my NAS.  The ports are part of a VLAN.  I get an error saying "the ports are part of VLAN" when I try to add them to the LAG.  It won't allow me to create the LAG.  Can figure this out because it...

Ronxw by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Hello All,  I have a cisco 3000 nexus ( 3048) and on some ethernet interfaces used for firewalls Hearbeat that are using Multicast for Sync, the switch interface drops multicast on the qos queue, i think its due tot the global configuration, anyone c...

ANAKIN_TN_0-1696883201311.png
ANAKIN_TN by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a switch stack that is showing an uptime of 5 years and 30 weeks so I figured it might not be a bad idea to reboot it. The stack consists of two C3850 10G switches. I have some storage attached to it that I don't want to go offline so I reboot...

tato386 by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Two switches connected in a lag with the two fiber sfp ports.If I also connect them with ethernet cables using 1 or 2 or 3 ports and then add them to the lag of the two fiber abobe, they still work but do you think that this improves the bandwith bet...

tecnicOIT by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Cisco IOS Software, C3560 Software (C3560-IPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.0(1)SE2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3) Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport Copyright (c) 1986-2011 by Cisco Systems, Inc. Compiled Thu 22-Dec-11 00:24 by prod_rel_teamWh...

cisco.jpg cisco1.jpg

Resolved! nve peer is not up

Leaf1# show nve vniCodes: CP - Control Plane DP - Data PlaneUC - Unconfigured SA - Suppress ARPSU - Suppress Unknown UnicastXconn - CrossconnectMS-IR - Multisite Ingress ReplicationHYB - Hybrid IRB modeInterface VNI Multicast-group State Mode Type [B...

prohit by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Hello everyone!I added port-security to my switch a long time ago and today I had to migrate container from one node1 to node2. At the moment when I migrate the container I got SecurityViolation - 1 and the port on which the node2 is was shutdown. Th...

nakata720_0-1696849240614.png nakata720_1-1696849264818.png
nakata720 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card