Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All       I have an issue that i cannot do inter-connectivity between 2 vlans on my cisco 4948. We recently added another department to our infrastructure and i want to use a separate IP scheme for that department while allowing them to use my pre...

1. I have done a LAG between Core and Aggregation switch 2. Configured VSS between the core switches How do i make sure packet A and B takes the shortest path. should  i make any configuration change or will it work with the MAC table?

Hi All, I'm implementing some QoS on a switch port of an older Catalyst 2960 using DSCP and I was hoping someone could clarify something for me. Depending on what documentation I read, the queue that "priority-queue out" actually prioritizes is eithe...

Hi All, We have a VSS setup of 2 6840x switches. We want to create a mutlichassis etherchannel to a 2960x stack (2 switches). The 2960x stack has 1G spf's The 6840x's have 1G SPF When we create the port-channel, both links come up, but we are not ab...

I am looking to setup a multicast environment using Anycast and Auto-RP.  I am looking to set this up on the nexus 9k platform.  Would the following configuration work?  Should the mapping-agent command be loopback 0 or 2.  These nexus switches will ...

Hi all, On my router I have this log:Jan 27 10:24:19.116: %GT96K_FE-5-LATECOLL: Late Collision on int FastEthernet0/0Jan 27 10:24:21.116: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface FastEthernet0/0, changed state to upJan 27 10:33:28.052: %GT96K_FE-5-LATECOLL: Late C...

cannone78 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I am very new to cisco presales and had come accross a requirement as follows:- 24 fixed 10GBASE-T Ports and scalable up to 48 X 10 G Ports using upgrade Licenses. Please help me with which model will fit the above requirement. thanks in a...

mohnegi by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, If the switch gets large packet and accepts it, but the egress port is configured with lower MTU number, than ingress port. The router would fragment it, but what the switch would do? Disacrd on egress ?

from88 by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Experts,We are getting UNKNOWN source when login failed, what is the issue why it is not showing source IP Address.000465: .Jan 22 20:52:00.889 UTC: %SEC_LOGIN-4-LOGIN_FAILED: Login failed [user: XXXXXX ] [Source: UNKNOWN] [localport: 23] [Reason:...