Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We recently installed a Nexus 7004 and I setup the switch on PRTG.  All of the sensors work fine except for VLANs.  The link says up but with 0 bits of activity.  We had the same setup with our 4510 and it worked.  We are running a very old version o...

Let me start by giving a brief description of our situation:We have aquired new space in our DR facility that is not in our current cage.  A new fiber run was installed to our new space.  Roughly 500'-700' run (Multimode OM3 fiber was used).  There i...

Hello,I have couple of basic questions regarding STP1) Lets see a switch is brought online with STP enable. All the ports will first go into listening state and per documentation, during this period switch will only send and receive BPDUs. Does the s...

zafar_118 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,We are in stage of deploying VSS between two 6509 ( SUP720-10G + WS-X6708-10G ).We will use 10G ports of SUP for VSL & We will use 8port 10G module for uplinks to distribution switches.We went through the configuration guides & come across thro...

anis_cisco by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello everyone,                     i have a 2960 compact  switch. i wanted to know whether its possible to make this switch transparent. the requirement is that whenever the switch is connected to any lan, it should be able to access the lan without...

We have three vlans, all class C’s, on a switch which is trunked to a router on port fa 0/1. All vlans route nicely. I have one device, and no others, in each 192.168.x.x network that I want to reach (Network Address Translation) via the 10.199.110...

Hi,i am planning to upgrade cisco 6509 non E chasis IOS which is in VSS  from SXIV to SXI11.I have the procedure document to upgrade.my doubt,is it necessary to remove the VSL link while upgrading the IOS.If i dont remove the VSL link and upgrade the...

Resolved! Cisco IOS Releases

Hi,Required clarifications on IOS Feature about Data and Security Universal feature set.I just wanted to know if purchase Universal Data & Security IOS what are the features i will be able to get on Data part and the security part. Like about routing...

Hi All,I'm trying to quickly configure a MOTD banner on one of our router but it's giving me the AAA error that I'm not authorized to issue the command.Can I bypass it by configuring the line vty with privilege level 15 or negate AAA authorizationlin...

Hei,guys. As i got from the Cisco Official documents that the cmd to configure a root bridge has two styles. one is to set the switch to be root directly, and the other is to deploy the priority of the switch. However, I am confused by the cmd.Switch...

Now one of my server, which runs linux, has the same subnet with my  switch. for example 192.168.1.0/24. and the assume the ip of the server is 192.168.1.10, and the manage ip of switch is 192.168.1.100, but when I telnet  192.168.1.100 after I login...

Hi there.Subject above has reached its EOL a long time ago already. Can you please suggest a replacement model? I am not yet quite familiar with this product and also doing some research. I hope you can help me along. I have attached the specificatio...

Kevin86 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have an issue with a c3750x that was previously working with a good config on it which included the "no ip setup express" command.Basically now when I boot the switch it gets this far and stops...   Using driver version 1 for media type 2Base eth...

I have a fair amount of older Cisco Gear. Trying to figure out if IOS 15 is crucial to being successful on the new CCNAx exam or I'll get some more life out of this old gear?I have several 2600 series routers, several 2500 series (one of which is my ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card